505

::::::

not shy of a spark
the knife twists at the thought that i should fall short of the mark
frightened by the bite no, it's no harsher than the bark
the middle of adventure, such a perfect place to start

-505 : arctic monkeys

::::::

(relevant to chapter 18 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

"crap! takemichi's lost it!"

"he's gonna get killed!"

takemichi stood between the two gang leaders, huffing and puffing, as if he was about to blow their house down. y/n had to admit that it was brave of the boy to stand up to the two, but he was shaking like a leaf.

"you've taken my precious memories... and trashed them!" he was on the verge of tears, looking upon all of his broken possessions on the floor in front of them.

"ah." was all that left mikey's mouth. he wasn't used to being told off, but he didn't feel very threatened by takemichi.

"..when did that happen?" draken said, and y/n sighed, because she knew he wasn't being sarcastic. they were both oblivious to the destruction of their new-found friend's 'precious memories'.

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!" takemichi charged at mikey, swinging his fist, as if he thought he could lay a hand on him. mikey dodged the punch with ease, but that was bad news for the other boy. takemichi, who was depending on contact with mikey for stability, stumbled head-first into a huge pile of garbage bags. 

y/n was holding back laughter, but she kept it to herself as to not hurt takemichi's ego.

"you okay, takemitchy?" mikey asked, staring at the boy, who's legs could be seen flailing about, desperately trying to escape.

y/n let out a snort, but clapped her hand to her mouth before she burst out laughing. she was a little embarrassed for snorting, but it quickly subsided when she realised all the other boys seemed to be trying not to piss their pants.

takemichi wormed his way out of the garbage, and raised his head up to yell, "SHUT UUUP!! YOU GUYS DON'T GIVE SHIT ABOUT MY MEMORIES, DO YOU?!"

"we should probably go down there..." y/n told the other's who nodded, and they raced through the house, toward the sounds of shouting. 

"takemichi!!" akkun ran towards him, and held him back from attacking the other boys, "what are you, suicidal?!"

"DO YOU TWO HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOU CAUSE FOR OTHERS WHEN YOU FIGHT?!" that made everyone fall silent.

"EVERYONE WHO LOOKS UP TO YOU STARTS FIGHTING, TOO!" draken and mikey averted their eyes in shame, somewhat knowing he was right.

"IT'S GONNA TEAR TOMAN APART!" takemichi screamed. y/n couldn't believe her eyes. not because takemichi was screaming, but rather something in his hair. she nudged takuya, who was standing next to her, and pointed it out. suddenly they were all holding back tears of laughter, even while the other two were being shouted at.

"takemitchy... listen... this whole time..." mikey spoke up, "there's been a turd stuck in your hair."

"eeewww!! what the fuck?!!!" takemichi's high-pitched scream made everyone burst out laughing, it was just too hilarious. 

"let's get outta here, ken-chin! the poops gonna get us!" mikey yelled with a huge smile on his face, while he and draken ran away.

"oh no! he stinks!" makoto said as takemichi tried to approach them.

"run!!" y/n told them between laughs.

...

takemichi had chased them all the way to a park, a block away. takemichi had gone to wash his hair, and when he came back, the boys were playing soccer, while y/n, and mikey were having an interesting conversation, in which draken spoke rarely.

takemichi walked up to where they were sitting, and took a place next to y/n. 

"that was hilarious." draken chuckled.

"i haven't laughed that hard in forever." mikey agreed.

"did you wash your hair?" y/n asked, smelling something nice.

"mhm."

"why'd you use lavender shampoo?" she asked, giggling.

"oh, shut it." they all chuckled a little, until no one had anything to say, and it turned into a peaceful silence while they looked at the beautiful, pink sky.

"i'm sorry, mikey." draken said, looking at mikey through the corner of his eyes.

"it's cool. i'm sorry, too." mikey forgave him. 

y/n smiled at the two friends making up, because that meant that draken probably wouldn't die. it seems takemichi had done it. y/n wondered if it was perhaps... too easy. she had read her fair share of shounen manga, and there was almost always a catch, or a twist. however, y/n shook those thoughts out of her brain, because this was real life, and she was sure draken would be fine.

she saw draken and mikey heading over to the boys playing soccer, so she turned to takemichi.

"dude, you stopped them from fighting!" she congratulated him, and he grinned back at her.

"yeah... the inner conflict won't happen... and draken-kun won't die." takemichi thought of hina, and akkun. they wouldn't die either! he had done it. 

"i've changed history!" he said, falling onto his back with a triumphant sigh, raising his fist towards the sky.

y/n smiled at the boy, who was technically an adult. she couldn't even imagine what he must've been through. the love of his life had been killed, and he had nearly died. now so many people's lives rested in his hands. a huge weight must've been lifted off of his shoulders in that moment.

"takemichi-kuuuuun" 

y/n and takemichi turned their heads to see hinata and ema walking towards them. hina looked quite nervous, while ema had a smug smile on her face whike she pushed hina towards takemichi. 

y/n walked to stand next to ema, not wanting to get in the middle of the couple. 

"...um..." hina hesitated, blushing. it was clear that she was nervous about her upcoming question.

"are you free on august 3rd?" she asked, but before takemichi could respond, ema interrupted.

"she wants to go to the festival with you, takemitchy!" she grinned, and hina blushed, looking at the ground.

y/n didn't know why she was so nervous, he was her boyfriend, after all.

"sure, i'll go with you!" takemichi told her, his cheeks matching the shade of hina's.

ema went to talk to draken, and y/n didn't want to third wheel, so she went with the blonde girl. somehow, that resulted in mikey teaching her how to play soccer, and everyone playing a friendly match, which of course, y/n draken, takemichi and akkun's team won.

it was the most fun any of them had had with friends for a while, and they were all grateful for it. nothing can lift a persons spirits like having a nice afternoon with your friends, and it showed on all of their faces. 

::::::