6

Skye did not move. She stayed rooted to her spot by the door, eyes fixed on the man in the suit beside my desk.

I realized my hands were shaking. I did not know whether out of fear or anger.

I tried to calm down.

“Are you okay, Skye?” I asked her. Fuck, my heart was beating really fast.

“Um, June, do you have a, um, visitor?” she had a hard time hiding the fear in her voice. She was scared. She was fucking scared and it pissed me off seeing her in that state.

“Skye,” I took a tentative step towards her.

“Ah, June, what’s wrong with your pretty friend?” the man in the suit said from behind me. “Do I look scary?” I turned to give him a glare and he was not there.

I turned to face Skye again and the man in the suit was right in front of her. I could see her entire body shake.

“Do I look scary, Skye?” he told her. I saw his hand reach up to Skye’s neck. It really bothered me. He was pissing me off. “Do you want to see how scary I can be?”

My body began to shake. I closed my eyes tightly. The man in the suit was only trying to bother me. He was only trying to elicit a reaction out of me by using Skye. I was not going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me snap.

“Do you, Skye?”

She whimpered.

I snapped.

I grabbed him by the shoulder and shoved him roughly away from Skye. I stood in front of her.

He had a smirk on his face, just as I expected.

“I see, June,” he approached again until his face was close to mine. “I know exactly what your weakness is.”

“Go away!” I snapped angrily. I tried to push him away but he already disappeared.

I took in a deep breath and turned to face Skye. She was shivering in fear.

“Hey,” I said calmly. She did not answer. I grabbed hold of her shaking hand. “Hey, Skye, are you okay?”

“W-Where did he go?” she managed to ask.

“He’s gone,” I answered. “But more importantly, are you okay? Did he hurt you?”

“N-No, but,” she looked around. “B-But who is he?” Then she seemed to regain her senses. “How do you know him, June? What was he doing here? How did he…how did he disappear? How did he…transform his…his face and…”

“Calm down, Skye, please,” I never saw her like that. It made me panic seeing her in a confused state. “I’ll explain everything to you, but please calm down.”

“Calm down…” she finally looked at me. “How can I fucking calm down?”

“Skye…”

“You always do this, June! You always try to make it seem like everything is fine!” she snapped. Her snap made me jump slightly in shock.

“I...” I had become utterly speechless. She shoved past me and went to sit on her bed. She stared at me, trying to open me up. She was cutting me open with just that one stare.

And I realized that the reactions Andrew tried to get out of me were nothing compared to what Skye got out of me without even trying.

“I’ll tell you anything,” I told her.

I gave in. I gave in to her and allowed her to open me up.

She asked me everything. I answered everything in detail. I told her everything.