Epilogue

I opened my eyes. I was greeted by the delicious aroma of pepperoni pizza. I turned to the right to find a pizza on the table.

"Hey, June," I heard Jamie say. I sat up and saw Jamie sitting next to me. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah," I frowned. "I just had the strangest dream."

"Really?" he asked, grabbing a slice of pizza and taking a bite of it. "What was it about?"

"It's really weird," I said. "But it had a lot of graphic images."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, at one part, I was on a train," I began. "And everyone was murdered by this man in a suit. But somehow I survived and got these powers and I had to kill people..."

"Huh," he paused, with a mouthful of pizza.

"You were in it too," I looked at him. "And mum and dad..."

And I suddenly remembered the graphic scenes. I grabbed Jamie by the shirt.

He had a terrified look on his face.

"What happened with mum and dad in your dream?" he asked worriedly.

I pulled Jamie's shirt up and gasped.

"So that part was real," I told him. I stared at the long scar on his chest. "You got hit by an iron cast to protect me, right?"

"June..." tears welled in his eyes. "I'm so sorry. I should've told you but you forgot all of it and I thought it would be better for you to start over..."

I wrapped him in a tight hug.

"I love you, Jamie," I smiled. "I love you for protecting me so much. You're the best brother anyone could ever ask for."

"I love you too, June."

I pulled away from him.

"I guess I should get going," I told him, standing up. "The train to Ohio leaves in an hour, right?"

He nodded.

"I'll take you there," he said. I smiled and adjusted my glasses.  

I felt uneasy. That dream was fucking weird. If the stuff about my parents were true, what about the other stuff that happened?

The next thing I knew, I was standing at the platform waiting for the train.

I saw the train approaching. It made me feel more uneasy.

It stopped. The doors opened. I slowly made my way into the train.

I found an empty seat. An old woman stood beside me. I offered her the seat. She smiled apologetically as I clung to the strap above me.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see a man in a light grey suit.

"Excuse me, miss," he said. "I believe you dropped this."

He handed me a black thread. I stared at it in confusion.

"I'm sorry but this isn't..." I looked up and the man was nowhere to be found. I did not get a good look at him but his voice sounded familiar, in a sort of good way.

**

 I stared at the black thread and felt inclined to wear it. I wrapped it around my wrist and it looked engraved there, like a part of my skin.

I looked around the train to see if I knew anyone going to Ohio. And I froze when I saw him. I saw the man in the suit from my dream.

He stood at the end of the cabin, beside the door. He instantly caught me staring and looked at me with a smirk on his face.