Chapter 15 - family

Maddie's POV

I'm crying when I get back to Lexington's house and looking at the time I still have a little over an hour before his family dinner. I rush into the garage and through the backdoor before finding a very unhappy Lexington sitting on the couch. He's in khaki pants that display his thighs and a solid gray button-up long sleeve shirt and he looks so handsome. He stands in his tan dress shoes seeing me as I walk in and sit on the couch.

"Maddie" He whispers when I wipe my tears and empty my pockets onto his living room coffee table. The bullets come rolling out along with the knives as I sit back and hold my legs in my hands.

"Baby" he whispers trying to hold me as I shake my head no. "He kept telling me over and over how much he needed me. I can't help him, I don't know how to help him." I whisper wiping my tears.

"How about a place he can stay at that'll help him. Not a mental health institution for crazy people but just somewhere that will help him." He tells me moving over to rub my thighs.

"He wanted to get back together" I whisper moving his hand off of my thigh, "And I never should when went. I should have called the police to help him or something because he kissed me without my permission." I tell Lexington breaking down further as I cover my tears in my hands.

I know Lexington is pissed. He's beyond pissed when he stands up leaving me alone on the couch. He's pacing the floor in front of him as I wipe my face and sob.

"I'm going to fucking kill that bastard. Maddie, you didn't consent to shit did you?" He yells as I shake my head no.

"And he touched you I'm sure. Without consent. My girl. That-, that fucking piece of shit!" He yells blowing up and throwing his glass vase on the mantle on the floor shattering it to pieces.

"Please calm down Lex. I'm okay. Shook up but I'm okay" I whisper softly.

"No, you're not. You come home crying your eyes out and I know you aren't okay." He tells me as I sigh and sit quietly.

It's silent for a whole two minutes before he starts again.

"Did you kiss him back? Is that what you want? Because I'm not dealing with this. You either tell me you don't love me and that you want to be with him and we break up or Maddie-" he goes to start when I cut him off. "Or what?" I ask as he sets his hands on his hips and angrily flares his nose.

"Or I'm marrying you." He whispers as I stare in shock. "You-, you didn't want that" I whisper as he nods.

"Oh, I fucking know. But plans change don't they? My life changed didn't it?" He asks as I sit quietly in shock.

"I can't believe I'm wanting this shit now. You-, you changed everything I had going on, you turned it upside down. I lose my mind over you, I lose my damn fucking sanity. I'm in love with you, I love you. You know that I would fucking love to marry you. I never wanted kids but the thought of you pregnant because of me, makes me fucking terrified and happy at the same time. So yeah Maddie, you tell me we're done and that he's it, or I will marry you." He tells me as I instantly stand up and jump into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck as he lifts my ass and holds me on his waist.

"I want everything with you," I whisper softly as I wipe my tears.

"Then this can't happen when he's not okay. He's got to get help because you are mine. Not his, not anyone's but mine, and you didn't want that." He tells me as I nod.

"I know. I know. I just-, he needed help or he would have done it and he's probably cursing the roof off finding that I've taken his items to do it with. But I'll call my mom and find a psychiatrist for him. I can't do this anymore like this." I tell him as he nods and rubs my back.