Chapter 27 - engaged

Maddie's POV

I'm staring down at him in awe and I can't make the words out. "I-, I" I stutter as he opens the box and I see the ring. It's-, it's what I've always wanted, the pretty diamond with the gold band against it.

I can't speak so I just nod as he smiles and everyone around us starts clapping. He stands up pulling me into his arms as I ugly cry into his neck. "You okay Mads?" He whispers as I nod and laugh.

"I'm in shock. Yes. Yes, I'll marry you." I whisper as he kisses my cheek. He pulls away slightly as I stick out my hand and he slips my ring perfectly onto my finger as I rub his hand.

"It's perfect. It's beautiful." I whisper as he leans down and kisses me softly. For the first time as my fiancé, he kisses me, and it's perfect.

"We'll have a long engagement. But I couldn't leave without you knowing what you mean to me." He whispers as he wipes my tears. He never cries, and I cry about everything but this moment is everything I wanted it to be.

"I love you," I whisper as he smiles and kisses my lips. "I love you too." He whispers as I smile and wipe my tears before hugging him again.

"Wait did you ask my dad?" I ask as he nods. "And your mom, and Lance and Kurt and Izzy." He tells me wiping my tears as I smile. He asked him, and his approval, all of their approvals mean the world to me. "And Izzy and your mom helped pick out the ring. How'd I do?" He asks looking at it down on my finger as I rub it between my pinky and middle finger.

"It's absolutely perfect. I love it. I love everything about it." I smile as he kisses my forehead.

"Smile." He whispers pointing off into the bushes as the photographers come out and I smile. He knows I want the video and pictures, and I love it. I knew I was waiting on this with the right man, and I couldn't be happier.

____

Engaged. I didn't think I'd see the day that would happen when I lost all hope a few weeks ago. And now that I've been with Lex for only a few, I don't care. I don't care what anyone thinks about how fast he asked, how we are together, or anything in between.

Because I love my fiancé. And when I walk into the restaurant holding his hand after our engagement pictures in the Christmas lights, the doors open, and out jumps all my friends and family, along with Lexington's.

There's a huge Congratulations Mad and LL on a big banner that's solid white and gold. Then there's a cake and cupcakes and the whole bar section of the restaurant is set up at tall standing tables. There are dining tables with plates set up and the very few pictures of Lex and I are on a slideshow playing on the televisions. Lex rented out the whole restaurant for everyone, and I smile looking around.

I smile holding Lexington's arm as I continue wiping my tears from thirty minutes ago. I smile seeing his brother, his little niece Penelope, and even my parents and siblings. I see some of my high school friends, and I'm even happier when I see Tebo beside Kurt on the leash.

"Oh my gosh," I whisper cuddling into his chest as he kisses my head. "Go, enjoy it." He whispers tapping my ass as he smiles and lets go of me. I immediately walk over to my mom as she hugs me and kisses my forehead.

"You knew?" I ask as she nods and smiles. "I did, I helped pick it out! Let me see if on your finger!" She smiles as she picks my hand up and grins harder.

"Oh, it's perfect! Honey? Do you approve?" She asks my dad as he comes around hugging me into his arms.

He smiles kissing my head before I show him and his eyes bulge. I know, my ring is huge, it's bigger than anything I could have picked for myself. I know he spent a lot on it, and I'm shocked he spent so much.