Chapter 8

The House
{Y/ns POV}
I sat and cried about what Alma said "what does she know?!" I thought and wiped my tears and looked at myself in the mirror "you know what?! I'm not gonna let some old hag stop me" I say while smirking and goes downstairs.

"Are you alright?" My dad asks as he looks at me walking down the stairs "yeah why?" I reply and sit next to him on the couch "it looks like you have been crying" My dad says "oh yeah, I forgot people with seeing I've been crying" I thought "no I'm fine!" I say and my dad smiles "that's good, so what are you planning to do today?" "Oh uh, I'm not sure" I reply "are you gonna see Camilooo??" My dad smirked "come on, I know you like him" "shit right my dad doesn't know that me and Camilo are dating" I thought "well uhh I guess I forgot to tell you" "tell me what?" My dad asks "me and Camilo are dating" I smile and my dad doesn't look shocked at all "knew it" he smiles and stands up to go to the kitchen "what do you mean knew it?" I ask "it was so obvious you guys liked each other, you could even tell when you guys were younger-" my dad covers his mouth "wait what?!" I ask "nothing!" My dad says while grabbing milk out of the fridge "no-no, tell me!" I say, my dad looks at me "fine, we used to live here when you were I think 5? Yeah, 5 and you and Camilo were best friends! That's why when you and Camilo met again you were like besties the next day" I was stunned "what happened then? Why did we move?" I ask "well y'know, I was scared that Bruno was get you, who knows what he can do!" He said "but after I heard he has been gone for years I quit my job and came back" "wait you quit your job??" I ask "ill tell you everything but I have a date," my dad says and he walks out the door "with who?" I ask but the door shuts before I finish, I shrug and walk out the door.

I walk through the market and see Camilo shapeshifting and making kids laugh I run up to him "Hey Camilo!!" I shout and he looks up to me "omg hi y/n!" Camilo says as he runs over to me and hugs me "why did you leave after the meal yesterday?" He asks "oh uh-" I say "should I tell him? Yeah, Alma is a Bitch" I think "Your Abuela told me that I wasn't good enough for you to marry me" I say staring blankly at Camilo "She said what?!" Camilo shouts and runs off "there's gonna be drama-" I think and start walking around.

I walk up a little hill behind the Madrigal house and sit down just watching when suddenly I hear shouting "THE MIRACLE IS DYING BECAUSE OF YOU!" Then I see the Madrigal house start to crack a lot and I watch as it breaks down to the ground, I run over "What happened?!" I ask as I see Mirabel holding the burned-out Candle "oh no" I think and I see Julietta walk away from Mirabel then she runs off "where is Mirabel going?" I wonder when Camilo walks up to me on the verge of tears "are you okay?!" I say and I hug him but he doesn't say anything.

<Time Skip 30 Mins>

Everyone splits into groups of 2 to try to find Mirabel and I and Camilo are searching everywhere and we can't find her I could tell by looking at Camilo he was worried "I'm sure Mirabel is okay" I smile "I hope so" He replies and we keep searching.

<Time Skip 30 Mins>

We have been searching for about an hour and still can't find her, Camilo was so worried and I just felt awful then we hear the bells ringing the kids shouting "SHES BACK SHES BACK" and we run to the house to see Mirabel, Alma and some man on a horse "Bruno?" Camilo asks "Bruno?!" I think "as in the Bruno my dad was talking about?!" I think as I watch Camilo hug Mirabel and Bruno "he is not 7 Foot-" I giggle as I walk back into the market to leave them alone.

In the Market, I see tones of people gathering bricks and stuff to make houses "they must be getting stuff to rebuild the house" I think and I help, After maybe 5 mins everyone has a bunch of stuff to help and we all walk up to the Madrigals ruins of a house "We have no gift but we are many! And we'll do anything for you!" all the People say and we start helping rebuild the house!

<Time Skip 1 hour>

The house is finished and it looks pretty similar to the old one but some different things and they give Mirabel the door nob and she walks up to the door and attaches it and the door glows! It was so pretty and we all go inside the house.