Chapter 4

The next day, Thankfully Shane got up before the toddlers. He woke up Maddison again before the toddlers. "Hey were low on gas again I'm going to refill it. there's a gas fill up right outside." She said as she put on a black t shirt and hoodie. "Could you wake the kids up and get them food." Maddison asked Shane

"Yeah. I can do that." He said Kissing Maddison on the lips. Maddison walked down the stairs, as the elevator was jammed. She went to fill up the gas pump, giving it a little bit of her life savings, quite literally.

Maddison had been saving up for college ever since her life began. She had over 63,000$ in cash. She decided she would use it for gas. Mostly because she couldn't go to college if there wasn't a college with professors.

She filled the gas thing up till she couldn't fill it anymore. Meanwhile Shane was up in the hotel room, about to get the kids up. Shane walked to the toddlers room, and knocked on the door. After no response, as suspected he went in.

"Guys wake up! were going to go eat , then get back on the road ok." Shane cheerfully said. "B but its so early." Teddy snapped groggily. "Well you guys can sleep in the car after you eat. Maddison is probably waiting for us in the lobby. Lets go." He demanded in a kind tone.

"Oh yeah my sister. Your girlfriend." Olivia made a romantic tone. Shane laughed and gave her a tickle attack. They all walked down to the lobby and saw Maddison getting food ready. Soon they got back on the road. Shane and Maddison were talking to each other, while Maddison drove. "Was last night enjoyable." He said in a romantic tone.

Maddison responded matching his tone. "Yes. It was everything. Thank you Shane." Shane chuckled and kissed her cheek while saying, "Anytime baby." Maddison's heart fluttered when he called her baby.

Emily spouted off from the back scaring Maddison and Shane. "Ooh. what did you guys do last night!" Shane laughed while telling her to ask her sister. Maddison nudged him. "W well. w we snuggled." She replied. "Did you guys have a pillow fight. There were a lot of loud noises."

Maddison looked at her through the mirror and winked. "Something like that." She laughed with Shane. She nodded and fell asleep in her seat. "Really. a pillow fight." Shane chuckled. "I don't know. You try explaining to a 3 year old that you and your boyfriend had sex while they were sleeping." She laughed. They soon switched seats. Shane told Maddison to get some rest.

Mostly because they left at 3:00am this morning. But also because she was left without sleep throughout the night. She blamed Shane and fell asleep while holding his hand. He looked down at the piece of art sleeping on the middle piece of the car. He stared and almost crashed because of staring.

Shane wanted to say the L word (Love) but was very scared that she would break his heart like tiffany did.

Shane's Flashback

I woke up to a crying coming from downstairs. I realized it was my mom. Teddy was still sleeping. I ran through the hallway. We didn't have a staircase because we could barely afford the bills to live. Don't even get me started on food and water.

I saw my mom balling on the floor. I went up to her and hugged her. "Mom what's wrong." Shane begged her to answer. "S s someone stole our money. They found o our b banking I information and took it all." I knew who did it immediately. It was Tiffany. she knew our bank information.

I confronted her on it when i got to school. "What did you do Tiffany." I yelled at her. "Oh you mean the money. Well our family honestly needed it more. But you look like such a cute boy no one could ever guess you were poor. We stole the money because your pathetic mother wouldn't sell the bakery." "W we needed the fucking money! We could barely afford food then! How the actual fuck are we going to do it now."

I let everything out causing a scene. "I said I loved you! I slept with you. You took my virginity and then kept sleeping with me! That bakery is a family bloodline thing! You backstabbing piece of shit!" He ran out of the school not looking back.

End of Shane's Flashback.

Shane still considered saying the L word to Maddison. It didn't feel like love with Tiffany though. She was using him. He can't let her get in the way of him and Maddison's relationship. He woke Maddison up with a gentle tap. She slowly woke up.

"Yeah? What's up?" Shane felt nervous to say it and Maddison could see it. "Hey what's wrong?" Shane began. "I l l love you Maddison." He said it and didn't regret it either. Maddison had her jaw dropped. Shane began again. "I I want you to have my heart." He went on rambling before he stopped.

Her jaw was still gaping open. "B baby please say something." He begged. He pulled the car over and stopped talking. He felt a tear beginning to form. It was stupid to think she felt the same way about him. Maddison finally spoke, quietly but she spoke. "I i l love you to." She whispered. She climbed on his lap and made out with him for a minute. He clung onto him like he was saving her from something.

While she was jaw dropped earlier she was remembering something her ex boyfriend. The night lit up with their love for each other. She only remembered hugging him tight that night.