Chapter 8

Maddison woke up and the guilt inside her had grown so immense that she couldn't take it.  She had to tell her sisters. "Shane. I have to tell them." Shane didn't have to ask what she was going to tell them. Shane went and took Teddy out of the room. "What's wrong big brother?" Shane told him they were having a private talk

In the other room Maddison had giant tears in her eyes, streaming down her skin. "Why are you crying sissy?" Emily asked. Olivia chimed in. "Yeah what's wrong?" "Remember when i told you mommy and daddy were going on a long trip?"

The girls nodded. "W well. I lied. M m mommy a a and d d daddy are in heaven right now looking down at us." The girls just looked at her. She saw the tears stream down Emily's face. They screamed and hugged tighter and tighter into Maddison. "Whyyyyy!" Olivia screamed. "Big brother they're screaming we need to help them." Teddy banged on the door.

Shane pulled him back. "Remember when I told you mama passed away and she was looking down from us right now?" Teddy sadly nodded. "Maddie told them their mommy and daddy passed away didn't she?" Shane didn't respond.

Olivia and Emily ran out of the room, cheeks still tender and hugged Teddy. After they got done they hugged Shane. Maddison came in and hugged Shane. They all left the hotel shortly after. "I'll drive. I know where the house is." Shane asked her if she was sure. She just nodded and squeezed his hand.

Maddison pulled up the long dirt driveway. She parked near the fence. "Sissy. I'm tired." Emily responded dryly. "Ok ill put you all in your bedrooms and you guys can all take a long nap." Maddison smiled sadly. She carried Emily and Olivia to the bedroom, Teddy close behind.

They all laid down and fell asleep very shortly. Maddison really wanted to cry, but she couldn't do it in this room. She ran to the room where Shane was unpacking all of their clothes and other thing. She collapsed in Shane's arms. "Shh it's ok I got you." She laid in his arms for a minute.

"Why don't you take a nap. You look very tired." Shane said worried. "You have to too." He nodded and snuggled her close. He knew what it felt like to lose his parents. He admired Maddison. He couldn't ever have handled it that calmly.

Maddison woke up before Shane. Thank god before her aunt died she had a lot of grocery's. Maddison sorted out the good food and bad food. After she had done that it was almost golden hour. She made four indents on a tree with a tire swing. While carving the indents out a lot of other thoughts jumped in her head.

Thought's like "How did I meet this great man." and "How am I still alive." On top of the 4 small indents she put names on them. Shane had mentioned his parents names earlier. The tree had 4 small indents on it now. The first two read "Mira Cassidy." the one next to it read "Oliver Cassidy." The other 2 read Maddison's moms and her step dads. "Allison Diaz." and "Jason Diaz."

She remembered moments with her family that could never be forgotten.

Maddison's flashback in her Pov

I woke up this morning. I really didn't want to get up. ugh. I heard my moms voice. Actually I heard all of my family's voices. They all busted into the room singing happy birthday to you, with a cake. My stepdad and my sisters gave me a big hug, while my mom was still holding the cake. I always thought of Jason (my stepdad) as my real dad instead. I even called him that. My real dad was a dick. He was abusive. He raped me until I got my first period. When that happened he well, he left us for an 18 year old. (He was 42.)

End of Maddison's flashback and Pov

I felt two large hands around my waist as I was admiring my work. "What do you think?" I asked Shane who was obviously behind me. Shane nibbled my ear. "I l love it. Thank you so much." He turned Maddison around and passionately kissed her. He gave her a big hug. The kids came running out of the house as soon as they saw the tire swing.

Maddison pulled Emily and Olivia how they were doing. "We know that mommy and daddy can see us from above. They wouldn't want us to be sad." Emily ended her sentence, then gave Her sister a bug hug. They both went off and played with Teddy. "You hungry Love?" Maddison's heart still fluttered when he called her that. "Speaking of that, I made your favorite. Spaghettis!" Shane kissed her again and carried her bear style to the dining table with the kids.

They all ate dinner and Maddison gave the kids a bath. They all brushed their teeth and went to bed after they heard a story. Maddison turned on a little nightlight that was her moms and turned off the light and shut the door.

Shane snuck up from behind her and took her clothes of and dressed her in an oversized T shirt. "What are you doing you goofball?" "I'm taking care of my girlfriend." He told her. "mm, I like the ring to that word." She chuckled and Shane carried her to bed and spooned her. Shane wrapped his arms around her.

Maddison felt a tear trickle down his cheek and onto hers. "Hey it's ok. Here come her." Shane snuggled into her very tightly.

(like this) only he's supposed to be sad and imagine it with Shane and Maddison instead.

They finally drifted off into a sleep.