Chapter 5

Shane lifted her back into her seat and kissed her deeply. "C can I tell you a secret."Maddison asked him nervously. "Of course." He said in a husky voice. "Do y you know why I don't e eat in front of you or the kids." She said again.

"Yes. What about it. You do eat somewhere else right." She didn't respond. "I I have an eating disorder." Maddison said very quickly as if she was insecure about it. Because she was. It irked every part of her soul. "W when I don't eat you need to tell me to eat. I don't care if you yell at me. I I just need to eat." Shane's jaw dropped.

Maddison knew he wouldn't like her anymore. I mean Alex sure as hell didn't.

Maddison's Flashback

I rolled out of bed. My mom and Stepdad made breakfast. I didn't eat any of it though. It looked so good, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat it. I ran to catch the bus. When I got to school the counselor gave me a granola bar. She was the only person who knew about her condition.

Maddison ate it all. As soon as it was done she ran to the bathroom and stuck her finger down her throat. She threw up the granola bar. She rinsed here face off and stared in the mirror. "Ok. Today is the day. I tell Alex about my Eating Disorder. He won't care. He will accept me as I am.

She thought about all of Alex. 99% of the time he was a dick. He pushed her, shoved her, and even said that he didn't know her in front of his friends. The other 1% is a sweet Alex who gave her flowers and apologized about himself. Maddison prayed that today he was going to bring out the 1% of him, but she kept her hopes high.

She went up to Alex and pulled him into the corner. "Ugh I'm busy dumbass! What do you want!?" Alex yelled at her quietly. "I I I have an eating disorder babe!" Tears were streaming her face. "Eww freak. What the fuck. Were over nerd!"

After that Alex made her life living hell. "Look the bitch that doesn't eat! Don't waste your money on dinner for this one! She just gonna gag it right up!" She had to transfer schools after that.

End of Maddison's flash back.

Maddison could feel more tears swelling in her eyes. She knew what he would think. Her hopes failed her again until, Shane spoke up "T that's ok. I can tell you to eat." He said while squeezing her hand. "I love you." Maddison said wiping her tears. "I love you to." Shane matched her words, while squeezing her hand tighter. Shane told her to get some sleep. "Ok, promise me you'll wake me up though." "Promise." Shane said while kissing her hand and giving it one last squeeze. She woke up and they switched again until it was daylight. "M Maddie. I need to go potty.

"Oh morning Teddy. I'll stop so you can go." Maddison woke everyone up and they went to the bathroom. Shane went over to Maddison while the kids were using the bathroom. "Close your eyes." Shane asked. "ooook." She said playfully. Shane picked her up and sat her up in the open trunk

Think something like this ☺

Shane continued "Ok open your mouth

Shane continued "Ok open your mouth." She did as he asked. Maddison really loved him. He actually loved her too. Shane fed her a whole bag of goldfish. Shane chuckled. They both sat in the trunk watching the kid.

Shane looked across the hot dirt road and saw an abandoned building. He saw a cop in the back yard with a bat with blood splatters on. He covered Maddison's mouth and whispered to her. "There's a cop right across the street in the back of that building."

Maddison got up slowly and went to grab the kids. Shane got in the car and turned it on. Suddenly the cop came running out of the building. Maddison ran as fast as she could and threw the kids in the car as fast as she could.

She ran in herself as Shane started to drive off super fast. Suddenly Maddison saw another huge building. They all heard loud screams coming from the building. That was a gas chamber. The screams from the pain was still stuck in Maddison's mind.

Maddison was snapped back into reality when Olivia babbled something to her. "Sissy. Me and Emily wrote notes to mommy and daddy. How are they going to get them?" Olivia asked her. Her two sisters were now staring at her.

"W well The tooth fairy will deliver it when your fast asleep." She said in a sad, yet happy tone. "B but didn't the tooth fairy only get teeth's." Emily piped up. "W well you guys are really good at brushing your teeth so she told me she would give you guys a favor and deliver the notes." Maddison said.

It was already nearing night when Shane spotted another hotel. They decided they would stay another night in a hotel.