Catching the Stalker

You and Belle secretly head into the castle's basement, hoping you were wrong about being watched.  "Man, have the pipes started leaking down here?" Belle asks.  "I honestly don't know, I never bothered to ask why the basement's in such a rough shape." You reply.  You still feel like you're being watched, but nothing's there when you look behind your back.  It's pretty obvious Belle's still feeling like she's being watched too.  You two kept walking until you heard a loud scream and crash.  

Y/n and Belle:

You and Belle run over and see a horrifying thing!

The party gnome has been murdered!  "Wh-who would do this?!?" You ask, in disbelief. "Oh god, I didn't expect this at all today!" Belle says, trying to hold back her fear.  You call Smg4, and tell him to come down here with the rest of the gang.  It takes a few minutes, but they all arrive and see the body.

Mario:

"Whoever did this is seriously messed up, and needs to be dealt with." Saiko says, holding her hammer.  Whimpu is just screaming and hiding behind Saiko.  "I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!!!!" Luigi and Boopkins shout, holding each other for comfort.  "WoW, yOu aRE AlL JUsT a BUnCH of BitcHES, iT's juST A cOrpSE." Bob says before being knocked away by Meggy.  "Ow mY OVarIES!" Bob shouts, being knocked into the wall.

"Everyone, calm down!  I'm sure we can find the killer."  Smg4 says.  "HOW CAN WE FIND THE KILLER SMG4?  WE AREN'T DETECTIVES, WHY NOT CALL MR. MONITOR?!?!?" You suggest.  "I locked the castle down Y/n!  And it won't unlock until the killer is caught." Author says, popping out of the ground.  Before anyone can berate him, he hangs up a screen and pops back into the ground.  Not long after that, the screen shoots on

Author: (Replace class trial with cast trial just so it makes more sense)

"Cast trial?  Has this man gone mad?  I bet he's the culprit!" You shout.  "Nope, I'm not the killer, however, since I'm copying a video game I like, here's this file as a starting point!" Author says before going back into the ground.  Hands shaking, you open the file and start to read it.

NAME: Candy "Party" Gnome

Time of death: 2:30 PM

The body was found in the castle basement

Cause of death is shattering in some unknown way.

TRUTH BULLET ADDED: AUTHOR FILE #1

"Well, this does clear up some stuff, but this is mostly just stuff we knew." You say.  "I guess we'll all search for clues to see who might be the killer." Smg4 says.  "That's a good idea!  And once we DO catch this killer, we're gonna have to teach them to not mess with us!" Saiko says, holding her hammer.  "I guess let's get to work on this." You say.