Chapter 8

The next day

•Maggie's POV•

I wake up to the sound of my sister's footsteps outside my door. They stop at my door and start banging. "Maggie" they say as they slowly open my door. I act like I'm sleeping, hoping they'll go away so I could sleep for a few more minutes. Then the next thing I know their jumping on top of me and jumping up and down yelling "get up mom made breakfast" I pulled them both down and started tickling them. They couldn't stop laughing until I stopped when my mom came through my door. "good morning honey, what time did you get in last night?" I couldn't tell if she was mad or just wandering. Anyways I told her about midnight or so and she said "oh ok, well what are you doing today?" "I'm going on a double date with Cameron, Loren, and Nash. If that's okay?" "Oh yeah sure that's fine, just don't get in too late again." Then she came over to my bed and kissed me on the forehead. "Love you honey, and don't forget your breakfast downstairs." "Okay mom." I got up out of bed put my hair in a messy bun looked at the clock and saw it was 10:30 then I went downstairs. My mom cooked bacon, eggs, toast, and fruit salad. "Mmmm mom this looks good." "Thank you honey" she said sitting down at the kitchen table. I took a few bites of everything and then headed upstairs to get ready. Before I did so I texted Cameron and Loren to make sure they were up so we could go out soon.
-Cameron's conversation
Me: hey babe you up and getting ready for our double date?
Cam: of course babe what time do you want me to pick you up?
Me: how about 11:00?
Cam: are you sure you can get ready that fast😂❤️
Me: haha very funny just be here
End of conversation

-Loren's conversation
Me: hey you ready?
Loren: almost where do you want to meet?
Me: how about Popeyes?
Loren: sounds good
Me: okay Cameron's gonna come pick me up. Is Nash picking you up or do you need a ride?
Loren: oh no Nash is picking me up but thanks.
Me: yup, we'll see you there.

I started getting ready. First I put on my makeup, fixed my hair, then I put on my high wasted jean shorts, a black tank top with strips, and my black Sanuks shoes. I was very satisfied with my outft so I took a snapchat of it and put as the caption, "Ready for my double date😍." I brushed my teeth and grabbed my purse, keys, and phone. Then I walked downstairs and saw my dad sitting at the table talking to my mom who was doing the dishes and my sisters were playing dolls in the living room. "Bye mom, bye dad, bye Emily and Gracie." They all waved to me. I was about to text Cameron when I saw him pull up in a nice looking jeep with no top. I jumped in. "Nice car." "Thanks, my dads letting me borrow it." "Ah I see, so we're meeting them at Popeyes, is that okay?" "Of course I'll go anywhere my girlfriend goes." "Oh your so sweet." And then he kissed me. We drove to Popeyes and saw Nash and Loren sitting in Nash's car. We pulled up by them and we all walked in together. Me and Cameron ordered first "Here I can get it for you." cameron said as he jumps in front of me. "No I can pay for myself." "No, no let me I'm your boyfriend." I turned around to say isn't he a mess to Loren but when I looked back she was rolling her eyes. I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to start anything. We sat down at a corner table. It was kind of akward at first cause no one was talking but then eventually Nash and Cameron started talking. Loren never said anything to me the whole time we were there. we got up and then threw away our trash. as we were walking out the door Cameron and Nash were ahead of me and Loren. "Did I do or say something?" I asked Loren concerned. She didn't even answer me she just walked fast to the passenger side of Nash's car. I started tearing up. Cameron was already in the car. I walked to his car and got in. "ready?" Cameron asked. I let out a little sigh. "Hey what's wrong?" Cameron asked grabbing my shoulder. "Loren's mad and me and she won't tell me what I did." "Oh Maggie you did nothing." he says as he's pushing my head to his chest. "everything's gonna be alright, I'm here for you." I sat up and looked at Cameron and said "yeah you're right, I've got you and if she really was my best friend she would tell me what's wrong so we could work it out." We pulled out of Popeye's parking lot and started to drive home. On our way home Cameron noticed I was still a little down so he tried to cheer me up. "Here let's blast the music and act like we don't care, like it's just us against the world." "I like that idea" I said. I grabbed my sunglasses from my purse and put them on. We got to Cameron's house. Cameron jumped out of the jeep and came rushing to the other side to open mine for me. he put out his hand, "my lady." "why thank you" I say with a smile on my face. We walked into his front door and his mom and dad were in the living room watching tv. "Hi mr. and mrs. Dallas." "oh hi maggie, how are you?" Mrs. Dallas asked me. "Good, you?" I replied. Then mr. Dallas said "good, good." After I stopped talking to them me and Cameron went up to his room. "Wow this is the first time ive ever been in your room." "haha yeah this is where I spend most of the time." he looked at me with a grin. "haha very funny." his room was such a teenage boys room. Dirty, with a smell of a very strong scent of cologne. "Hey how about we have a movie night, my house?" Cameron asked. "Sure, I'll walk to my house and put on some comfortable clothes, be right back." "k, see you in a little bit." I walked over to my house. walked through the door and saw my mom sitting on the couch with the TV on. "Hey mom I'm going to Cameron's house to watch a movie." "okay Hun be back by 11:30, please" "okay mom." I ran upstairs and but on my under armour sweatpants and a big tshirt. Then I put my hair in a messy bun. I grabbed my phone and walked back to Cameron's. I knocked on the door and mrs. Dallas opened it. hi Mrs. Dallas, I'm back." "hi, go on up." "thanks." I went up the stairs to Cameron's room and saw he wasn't in there. Then I heard water running assuming it was Cameron in the shower. "Hey Cameron." I said knocking on the door. "I'll be out in a minute" he said. "okay" I said back. I sat on his bed and waited. He came out with his hairy messy and in just sweatpants. I tried my hardest not to smile. I didn't want to look creepy or anything. he rubbed his hands through his hair. "okay so what movie are we gonna watch?" Cameron asked sitting by me on his bed. "whatever you want to watch." "how about a scarey movie?" "Sounds good to me" I said. in all honesty I rally hate scarey movies but I guess I'll watch it for him. He turned on the movie Oculus. The movie started at I layed on his chest and then he put his arm around me.
*Camerons POV*
Maggie just dozed off. god she's beautiful. how did I get so lucky. I actually wanted to watch the movie so I did. Later on I grabbed my phone and posted a snapchat story of me and Maggie sleeping. I put as the caption 'my sleeping beauty 😍' just as I pressed add to story Maggie's phone rang. It was her mom. "you need to be home in 10 minutes" I shook Maggie a little bit. I had to shack her for a while. She's a deep sleeper. "Maggie your mom just texted you to be in ten minutes" I said. "oh ok." She got up and leaned over to kiss me. i walked to to the door." I opened the door and watched her get home. She waved to signal that she made it in. I walked upstairs to my room. I plopped myself onto my bed. All that was on my mind was Maggie.
I got a text from Maggie
Maggie:hey babe
Me: hey are you not going to bed?
Maggie: I'm getting ready to but I just wanted to text you and say thank you so much for staying by my side and that I love you so much ❤️
Me: no problem and I love you too. Do you know how much I love you?
Maggie: how much?
Me: look out your window and then to the stars, I love you that much
I thought to myself thank god there were stars out. Then I looked over to her house. Her window looks at my house. she blew me a kiss. I acted like I was catching it. She started laughing.
Me: goodnight
Maggie: goodnight
Then I went to bed.