CHAPTER 38:

Years have passed.

I got up early and cooked breakfast for Felize. It's been a year since I left the Philippines, and my memories are still jumbled. Felize is already four years old and will be five in September. When I gave birth to her, my life was changed everlastingly because she gave me everything.

"Good morning, Mommy," Felize said as I turned back to kiss her on the forehead. "Good morning, as well, baby."

"Are you all right, Mommy?" Tanong ni Felize pag ka alis ni daddy dito. Nang maka alis na si dad. Napa lingon ako kay Felize na nakatayo na kakagising lang. "Yes, baby, I have work today, so Tito Dada will look after you, okay?" Nakangiting sabi ko. Tumango lang ako sa kanila.

"Please don't strees yourself so much, mommy." Pag papalala sa akin ni Felize. Ngumiti ako at hinalikan siya. "Go, eat your breakfast, take a shower, and I'll get your outfit prepared before we go to Tito Dada's apartment, okay?" Ihahatid ko si Felize kay Oliver habang wala siyang pasok ngayon.  Tulog lang si Felize sa byahe kaya nag patulong ako kay Oliver na buhatin si Felize habang tulog . Nang maihatid ko na si Felize

Nilapag ko si Felize sa higaan. Wala si Aero, busy siya sa workloads niya kaya si Oliver lang ang makakatulong ko may shoot naman today si Celeene.

"Thank you Oliver ha, pasensya na sa istorbo" pag sosorry ko sa kanya. "Ano kaba okay lang baliw para may maingay naman dito sa apartment" nakangiting sabi niya sa akin. Bago ako pumunta sa office dumaan muna ako sa coffee shop, one of my store chineck ko kung okay na ba lahat ng okay naman agad ako dumiretso sa office ko.

"Kayla, am I late?" I inquired of Kayla, one of my coworkers at this company.

"Trice, what happened to your shirt? And you look as if you've never gotten enough sleep. I'm worried about you, you know," she said, her voice tinged with sympathy.

"Ahh, nothing. Kayla, am i late?" I try to change the topic. "Yes, you're 10 mins. Late. Mr. Laurent is looking for you before that, can you explain all the--" sagot niya sa akin. "What? Dad is looking for me, I'm sorry i gotta go" i rush to my's office. I knock the door and slowly opened it. "D-dad, you're looking for me?" I asked.

"Goodness!!!! Beatrice Victoria!!!! Why are you late!?" He yelled.

"Dad, I'm sorry i have something--"

"I dont want to hear your explanation Beatrice , we have a lot projects this month. We need to overtime today" I let out a heavy sigh and nod in agreement. I head back to my office and suddenly Kayla's pop up

"Hey, Trice. You okay?" She asked gently. I shake my head before speak.

"Are you sure, You'll be fine alone here?" Kayla asked. "Yes, Kayla. I'll be fine You don't have to accompany me and this few days you dont have a lot of sleep." I smile bitterly. She nods and grab her coat, then she heads outside. I take a look at my watch.

11:50pm

I read all documents in my table. I have work until 3 in the morning. I was on my way home from work when i passed by in the coffee shop and brought some coffee to wake up my inner self. At the age of twenty-nine years. I was destined to become one of the greatest Architects the architecture industry has ever seen.

I was on my way home from work when I got a phone call. When I looked at the area code, I realized it wasn't from the France.

Incoming call.....Unknown

[What's up?] Bungad ko. [Hello, is this Arch. Beatrice Laurent?] Tanong ng nasa kabilang linya [It is, indeed.] Sagot ko. [I'm calling to make you an offer. Our architect has resigned, and we need a new architect as soon as possible.] Sabi niya naman. [Thank you for the offer, but what do you want from me?] Tanong ko. [Because you're one of the greatest architects, why wouldn't you. I want you.] Sagot niya.