A New Look

"Ow, oof." "You ok?" "Yeah, I'm good." The piercer checked on her client, and made sure Nakano was alright before continuing with the piercing, threading the jewlery through her nostril. Naka had been making good progress in her recovery, and her family rewarded her with a piercing for her birthday; it had been two years since the day Doflamingo exacted revenge on the students, and Naka had transferred to a different school where no one knew her or her past, and she was able to complete grades seven, and eight. She blinked away the tear of pain, thumb rubbing idly at Rosinante's hand where he was sitting beside her; Kaida went with them to approve of the piercing, and was allowed to take a picture afterwards. The piercer went through the aftercare process with the family, emphasizing not to touch it beyond cleaning it, and to come back if she had any problems. On the way home, they stopped by a fast food restaurant to get something for the whole family, and Nakano remained leaned against her brother during the ride, holding his hand, and daydreaming. "Naka, are you alright, darling?" "Yeah, I'm ok. Did you say something?" "No, I was making sure you're ok from the piercing."

"I'm fine, mama, thanks." When they pulled up to the window to get their ordered food, Naka's tongue turned to goo when she saw the fem person waiting for them. They had bright orange hair, big brown eyes, and their work shirt was tied at their waist, accentuating their hourglass figure. "Here's your food, um, is she ok?" Rosi looked down at his sister, seeing her blushing, and holding onto the car seat; he gently nudged her to get her attention. "Sis." "P-pretty..." Rosi laughed at his sister, and told the employee she was perfectly fine. "She says you're pretty." "Aw, thank you! Enjoy your meal." Nakano felt her stomach heat up along with her face, and was subtly shaking, wondering if she was sick, and she reached for Rosi's hand. "You're shaking, what's wrong?" "I don't know, I feel hot, and...tingly." "Where?" "In my stomach like...like there's a hot coil in it." Rosinante chuckled, knowing what it was, and explained it to his confused sister. "It's because of that girl at the window. You think she's pretty, right?" Naka nodded, reaching up to rub at her face. "You'll be fine."

When they returned, Homing was reading on the couch, and Doffy was nowhere to be seen. "Doffy! Are you here?" Kaida called as she brought the food into the kitchen, "Yeah!" she had her younger son get his brother so everyone could eat. The door to Doflamingo's room was shut, and Rosinante knocked on it, letting him know there was food on the table, and got a muffled response. "Are you ok?" "Yeah, I'll be down in a sec. Just gotta finish this thing real quick." Nakano was nibbling at her french fry, watching her dad read the book in his hand, trying to follow along with him. "Naka, stop bothering dad." Doflamingo dragged his sister away, and back to the food. "I'm not bothering him, am I, Daddy?" "Of course not, dear, but let's eat." Homing closed his book, set it aside, and moved the table so he could eat with his family. "Is that the piercing you were getting?" He brought attention to the stud in his daughter's nose, surprised at how it looked, despite knowing she was getting it. "Yeah, it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would." "That color looks good on you."

Nakano smiled at Doffy, blushing at the compliment as she picked up her burger; she still struggled to eat a proper amount of food like she used to before her issue with Bulimia, but her family was always encouraging, and patient with her. She never felt pressured to continue eating once she got full, but the others had her make sure she would be full enough for the rest of the day. "Are you excited for the new school year?" She would be starting her freshman year at high school, while Doffy was working at a high end company, Naka didn't fully understand what his job entailed, and Rosinante was starting his second year of college in the fall. "I'm...I'm scared, honestly. Was it hard for you guys?" "No, I was popular enough I didn't have any troubles." "I got to make a lot of friends in my classes." The youngest child bit her lip, willing away her nerves so she didn't worry herself into a frenzy before she could even enroll in school. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. We both went there, and nothing happened to us." "You're right, I'm worrying over nothing." Rosi leaned over, kissing his sister's cheek, and nuzzling at her.