𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ROSIE

"Do you think about me when I'm gone? Do you think about me when you need your space? Do you think about me when you're horny? Do you think about me every-fucking-day?"

Sydney watched her mother scramble around the kitchen, sweat rolling down her forehead. She checked the time and groaned in frustration, grabbing the two pieces of toast from the toaster. The daughter looked at her phone and sighed as she spotted the familiar name. Carter had been calling her repeatedly, but she hasn't answered any of his calls. She just wasn't ready to.

Just then, Rosie's phone rang and she delivered a sigh. She pressed the green button and pulled it towards her ear? "Give the phone to Sydney,"

"Good Morning to you too, Carter," Rosie said, handing the toast to her daughter who shook her head in fear. "She just left for school, you're late. What is it, Carter?"

There was a silence on the other side of the phone call and the mother narrowed her eyes in confusion. "I'm getting married in a couple of months, I want here there and she hasn't been answering my calls,"

She felt her heart drop in disappointment. How was he able to move on so fast, was their marriage a joke to him? He was already onto his next, and Rosie wondered if everything they had once shared was fake.

Sydney played with her toast, avoiding her mother's eyes. "Congratulations, I'm sure the three of us can come to make an arrangement," She ended the phone call and ran her hands through her curls.

Sydney called out to Rosie and when she didn't answer, she called again. "Mom?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Are you okay?"

"I expected nothing less of your father," She said, grabbing the teenager's backpack and coat. "I don't want to go, please don't make me go," Sydney said before she felt a kiss on her forehead. "Don't worry about it, just enjoy your day. Come on, let's get you to school,"

"Have you forgotten? Vincent is picking me up—, "The young girl frowned, her brown eyes narrowing in confusion. "like he always does?"

"Oh, right," Rosie said just as there was a honk from behind the door. "See you mom," The daughter took one last bite of her toast and walked out of the door. Vincent unlocked his patrol car, and she entered inside, while the mother watched.

He winked at her, but Rosie only tensed and closed the front door. With wide eyes, she leaned against the back of the door and played nervously with her fingers. When she heard the car drive off, she produced a much-needed breath of relief.

That kiss with Vincent made her feel like she was walking on water and that's what she was most scared for. With Theo, the feelings weren't too intense and she could handle them, but with The Officer, it was a completely different situation. She didn't have control of the situation, and she hated that.