𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

ROSIE

"It's so embarrassing. All of the things I need, living inside of me. I can't see it. It's so embarrassing. All of the love I seek, living inside of me. I can't see it,"

A few months later

A few months later

"All that baby weight is going in the right places," Vincenzo chuckled and Rosie playfully rolled her eyes. She was now around 4 months pregnant and her stomach was getting bigger. Last week, she and Vincenzo went to the doctor's office for a checkup and she nearly broke down in tears due to her ultrasound. Yes, she's had other ultrasounds but last week, she was able to see how well her baby had developed.

The first time she was pregnant, she was basically on her own. Now, she was surrounded by so much love and it was enough to make her sob. How badly she wished she could tell her young self everything would fall into place.

Currently, she sat on the bed with one hand resting on her stomach. Vincenzo laid next to her, his head planted on her chest. Since he didn't have to go to the mainland today, she forced him to wake up late with her. He didn't even try to fight her. Whatever Rosie wants, she gets.

"Let's come up with some baby names. What do you think?" She said, running her hand through his black strands. He hummed, closing his eyes at the sensation of her fingers. "I like the same Sofia—,"

"I don't want a white person name,"

Back when she was 15, she wasn't as proud of her roots so she named her daughter Sydney—a name that wasn't very ethnic.

"Ah, I see,"

"What about Amancia if it's a girl and Khenan if it's a boy? Both Jamaican names," She said, finding herself smiling. "And we could decorate the nursery with things that would make their childhood great. Something like Spongebob or Barbie,"

"Squidward was a jellyfish, no?" He mumbled and instantly, she rolled her eyes. "Don't piss me off,"

He chuckled, lifting his head and placing a kiss on her lips. "Sorry, baby,"

Rosie watched as his phone began ringing and he grabbed it from the bedside table. He started speaking Italian and she knew that was the end of their late morning. She suddenly realized her 30th birthday was coming up and she wondered what she wanted to do. She didn't know Italy much and she didn't know what it had to offer. She wanted to go back home and see her friends and family. She couldn't believe she was finally 30. It seemed like yesterday she was crying in her bedroom while she had her pregnancy test in her hands.

15 years never passed so fast.

When he finished the phone call, his eyes found Rosie's. She didn't say anything but instead lifted her leg. He sat next to her and placed her swollen feet on his lap.