𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

ROSIE

"Boy, I love that you can't help but be yourself around me. Yourself around me. Sugar, well you're trippin', I know we'll make up and make love so I'll let you be, I'll let you be. It's the way you listen when I'm cryin'. You let me lean in. It's the way you want one more kiss after you said you were leaving,"

 It's the way you want one more kiss after you said you were leaving,"

Rosie Sanders sat on her bed with her knees to her chest. It was currently 3 am, and she couldn't sleep. She had a terrible nightmare about her past and was shaken to the core.

"You're a pathetic excuse of a child. Rosie, you're so useless! Take your shit and get the fuck out,"

She kept hearing her mother's voice repeatedly again, and she shook her head violently. Every once in a while, she would have flashbacks about her life before moving to Los Angeles; she was still traumatized.

Pulling herself up from the bed, she placed her feet on the floor and lowered her head. Sweat rolled down her skin and she had a blinding headache. Earlier, she had to ride Vincenzo just so he would forget about the cologne. After they finished, he passed out and she felt relieved.

Making her way to the bathroom, she collapsed near the toilet and threw up last night's sandwich. For some reason, the peanut butter and jam sandwich she had eaten all her life didn't go down well. Vincenzo stirred in his bed, his eyes slowly fluttering open as he reached out for his girlfriend. He called out to her, earning a wave of panic from Rosie.

"I-I'm sorry for waking you," She said, moving her hair out of her face. "You can go to sleep, I won't bother you,"

He ignored her, standing up from the bed and making his way to the bathroom. "Fucking hell," He said, spotting her condition before lifting her. Holding her jaw with his hand, he washed her face with a rag.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his voice barely audible. She only shook her head and uttered, "I'm fine."

"Rosie,"

She sighed, a frown settling on her lips. "I don't feel so good," She mumbled, rubbing her temples. "I had a nightmare, then I threw up and I have this blinding headache,"

"I'll call the doctor," He said, but she grabbed her forearm and halted his movements. "No please don't. It's 3 am. I don't want to bother him,"

"You're not fucking feeling well," Vincenzo mumbled, his jaw ticking. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and she felt his body relax. He knew exactly what she was doing, and it always worked.

After surrendering, he made her a bath and carried her inside the water. Then, he used her bodywash to clean her skin from the sweat before he focused his attention on her curls.

"I already washed my hair last week. I need to co-wash it," She told him, handing him her Coconut Co Wash.

"What the fuck is this?" He asked, his eyes narrowing while he frowned. "What the fuck is a cowash and how is it different from shampoo?"