Antonio's Party

-Y/n-
I swiftly left the room leaving Luke in shock.
{I can't believe I did that!} I tighten my grip on Antonio's present, thoughts were stampeding in my mind. As I walking out the room I remembered what Dolores had warned me. Some part of me really didn't want to say it, but I was happy she opened her mouth. It was strange because that's exactly why I got mad at her a few days ago.

{ugghhh why cant I crush on Mirabel in peace?!} I walked through the crowds of guests over to a table that had presents all over it. Ya know what maybe I should hold onto this. What happened with Luke was still burned in my mind.

{He seemed like an okay guy. He didn't even seem all that into me.} I decided against thinking about it anymore. {Tonight is about Antonio's birthday. You can't always be Y/n in a Wattpad story.} for some reason I got a weird chill from thinking that, well turns out it was just the chill of being watched.

When I turned around a furious Luke was walking towards me.

-Mirabel-
"You guys AREN'T dating yet?!" Isa whispered yelled. Dolores only shook her head when I didn't say anything, I wasn't exactly sure on what to say. "Unfortunately not." I said looking away from any direct eye contact.

I went back to getting the table set, but suddenly Dolores flinched. "What?" Isabela and I said in sync. She didn't say anything at first, but she gave me a worried look. "It's Y/n and Luke..." she said hesitant. {OH THAT SON OF A B-} "Wait!" Dolores began, "Luke was flirting with Y/n trying to kiss them, so um... it sounds like they slapped him." She finished quickly.

"Oh." I stopped where I was. {looks like they got that covered.} "Dang baddie Y/n?" Isa remarked jokingly. I calmed down and went off to see if there was anything else I could help with. I went up the stairs I saw Abuela making sure everything was ready to go, Camilo goofing around, Luisa moving heavy items for more space until we could start going into Antonio's room, but I also saw Y/n beside the gift table with...

Luke.

{Oh no.}

-Y/n-
Luke walked in front of me and stopped.
"Your coming with me." He said in a low and demanding voice. {I don't think I can personboss my way out of this one.} I silently agreed and walked with him into a empty part of the Casita.

"What do you want?" I said sternly. He sat there and fiddle with his pockets. "I'm sorry I took it too far I shouldn't have tried to kiss you... I just really like you." His anger quickly faded into a sort of innocent smile. "Fine. Your lucky it took Dolores days to accept her apology."

He seemed to have a sort of evil glint to his face for some reason. "Well before I did that, I wanted to give you something." He pulled a necklace out of his pocket. It was rose gold and had a star charm on it that was a pearl white. "Take this as a apology gift. Please?" He gave me a puppy eyed look, so I took it.

"I'll put it on after the party." His smile faded and he looked slightly annoyed. "Why? Can't you wear it now?" This made me suspicious but I decided to come up with a good excuse. "Well I don't want to accidentally lose it in Antonio's room because it's like a whole jungle."

He sat there staring into my eyes trying to rip the lies out of me. His face finally softened, and he nodded muttering something under his breath. After he left I secretly admired the bracelet, but something about it was strange it seemed to yell 'IM REALLY PRETTY PUT ME ON! IM VERY VERY WELL COLORED!' It almost seemed like a artificial beauty.

Suddenly Mirabel burst threw an opening and I shoved the bracelet in my (bra, pocket, binder, etc.)  "Are you alright? Did that spoiled jerk do anything to you?" She had my face cupped in her hands with a worried expression. I felt a light blush go across my face.

"I-it's okay Mirabel I'm fine!" She gave me a suspecting look but got nothing out of me.
"Well that's good because the party is starting and I was reserved a dance!" I laughed at her triumphed comment and walked with her into the main part of the Casita and saw that people were having drinks, talking and dancing.

Dolores approached us and gave Mirabel and I a reliefs look. "Well I'm glad that my mistake brought you two together at least." She hugged us and walked off with a wave. I had no idea why but I think I was having déjúa vu.

(I gave up on spelling that.)

-Mirabel-
As Dolores walked away I took Y/n's hand. "Ready to dance amor?" They blushed and nodded. I pulled to where others were dancing and I put my hands around their waist while they draped their arms over my shoulders.

It felt like someone had set their very large butter fly sanctuary into my stomach, and my palms were sweating. {I can bite them on the neck and not be fazed but the moment I'm confronted with dancing I'm like a skittish puppy?}

We finished dancing and went over to watch Antonio open his gifts. Once it was Y/n's turn to give him a gift when he opened his eyes were brighter than the sun.

After the party I wished Y/n goodnight and headed to bed.

The next day...

-Y/n-
When I woke up I rubbed my eyes. Immediately my eyes looked over at my nightstand where the bracelet sat. {welp I made a promise.} I grabbed the bracelet and slid it on.

...

It happened fast.

There was no warning it just happened.

I had felt strange

Luke suddenly seemed like the world's greatest thing.

I had lost any feelings for Mirabel and I did not care.

A/n
1031 words

Did you really think you could get a happy ending that fast?