chapter 1

🍀

🍀

The sun was setting over the grand castle, golden rays casting a warm glow over the estate. Inside, preparations were underway for a grand party, one that would bring together two families who had once been close.

The fathers had once been business partners and friends. They had built their respective companies from the ground up, working side by side for years. Jaehyun and Sungho had grown up together, as their fathers were close friends. They were like brothers, always playing and causing mischief together.

From a young age, their fathers had already begun preparing them to one day take over the family companies. They were taught everything from finance to leadership, and it was clear that both Jaehyun and Sungho were destined for success.

They both took over their father's successful companies, continuing their father's legacies.

Jaehyun and Sungho had been enemies for as long as anyone could remember. Their rivalry reached a boiling point when their fathers decided to end over their own companies. They were both successful businessmen and owned competing companies in the same industry.

They were always trying to one-up each other, constantly trying to steal clients and outdo each other's products. Their rivalry was well known in the business world and their friends often joked that they were like two lions fighting over the same prey.

They constantly tried to one up each other, whether it was by expanding their businesses or coming up with new and innovative ideas. It seemed like every decision they made was in direct opposition to the other. Their employees and friends tried to intervene and repair their relationship, but it was no use. The two men were determined to outdo each other, and their rivalry only grew more intense.

Unfortunately for both of them, Sungho's closest friends who work for his company are also close friends with Jaehyun's closest friends who also happen to work for his company.

Jaehyun was now in his office with his long time friends, Taesan and Woonhak. "Can you believe that Sungho had the audacity to steal our biggest client?", Jaehyun exclaimed.

Taesan and Woonhak exchanged nervous glances. They had been friends with Jaehyun for a long time now, and they were growing tired of the constant tension between the two businessmen.

"Maybe we should try to talk to Sungho and work something out", Taesan suggested.

Jaehyun sighed, "Talk to Sungho? That's like trying to reason with a brick wall. He's impossible." But, as much as Jaehyun wanted to acknowledge it, Taesan's words stayed with him. Perhaps it was time to try to resolve their never ending rivalry. After all, they were both wealthy businessmen, and constantly trying to compete with each other was getting tiring.

"We have an event planned by our dads this evening, I promise I will speak with him there", Jaehyun replied.

Woonhak laughed at him and stated, "I know you, you will definitely fail to".