chapter 9

🍀

🍀

Leehan, Taesan, Sungho, Woonhak, and Riwoo were all sound asleep, with dreams racing through their thoughts. Suddenly, a loud sound broke the calm, startling everyone awake. They rushed out of bed, their breaths loud and emotions racing. Fire? Intruder?.

"What is that?! ", Leehan yelled, his voice trembling.

"It sounds like an alarm?", Riwoo said his eyes widening in horror.

They hurried up the stairs, their bare feet pounding against the floor. Jaehyun stood at the bottom of the steps, an amusing smile on his face.

"What's going on?", Sungho demanded, his voice still laced with anxiety.

Jaehyun laughed, making a pleasing melody like sound. "Don't worry, everyone. It's only the alarm."

"Alarm?", Taesan repeated, his face revealing confusion. "What alarm ?"

Jaehyun's smile widened. "It's completely new. A gentle reminder to get the day off to a good start."

He pointed to a small, device installed on the wall, with a steady blinking red light. The noise, although disturbing was gradually fading.

"Every morning, at this same hour, the alarm will be on", Jaehyun continued, enjoying the puzzled looks on their faces. "Don't worry, it isn't as loud as it appears. It's just my method of making sure everyone gets up for breakfast. Otherwise, I'd be stuck preparing breakfast for five sleeping beauties."

A rush of relief swept over them. The anxiety and fear melted into amusement.

"You could have warned us, Jaehyun," Taesan complained, shaking his head and smiling.

"Where is the fun in that ?", Jaehyun said, his eyes bright.

"Alright, alright. Breakfast time. But next time, Jaehyun, maybe a little warning ?", Woonhak said, his voice a mix of complaint and amusement.

"Maybe", Jaehyun replied, smilling.

As they gathered in the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm pancakes filling the air, there was a sense of belonging. The alarm, though unexpected, was a reminder that they were all in this together, a group of young men having a project together.

"Sungho, can I help you with something?", Taesan asked him, his voice soft and a hint of concern coloring his tone.

Sungho, still a little shaken from the sudden awakening, looked up at Taesan. He was surprised to see the genuine concern in Taesan's eyes. It was a look that seemed to pierce through his usual composure, revealing a vulnerability Sungho wasn't quite used to seeing.

"No, I'm good. I'm just... just trying to get used to this whole...being here thing," Sungho stammered.

Taesan chuckled softly, "It's a lot to take in, I know. We all felt the same way at first." He then gestured to the rest of the room, where Leehan was already pouring coffee for everyone, Riwoo was setting the table with an air of quiet efficiency, Jaehyun cooking and Woonhak was attempting with ease to flip a pancake.