chapter 8

🍀

🍀

Sungho's lips tightened. "'I see," he replied. He paused, considering Jaehyun's words. "But why now? Why involve the project in our personal lives?"

"Because it's the perfect excuse," Jaehyun explained. "We'll be working together closely, spending long hours side by side. It's the ideal chance to catch up, forgetting the past and rediscover the friendship we once had."

"Forgetting the past?", Sungho questioned, his voice laced with bitterness. "Pretending it never happened, like it's just a detail we can push aside?"

Jaehyun's eyes met Sungho's, his gaze unwavering. "I can't change what happened, Sungho. It was a mistake, and I've already apologized. What matters now is moving forward, and I believe this is the best way to do that."

Sungho's anger simmered beneath the surface, but he forced himself to remain calm. "Jaehyun, I'm not sure forgiveness is as easy as you make it seem. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, and you crossed them."

"I understand," Jaehyun replied, his voice softer now. "But I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm asking for a chance to prove that I'm different now, that I can be a valuable partner in this project."

Sungho stared at Jaehyun, his face a study in conflicting emotions. The anger, the hurt, the resentment, all battled for dominance within him. Finally, he sighed, a wave of exhaustion washing over him. "I don't know, Jaehyun. This is a big task. But I'm willing to to this."

Jaehyun's face softened, a small smile playing on his lips. "Thank you, Sungho. You won't regret this."

As for the other four, they were gathered in front of the company building, trying to process the information they just received. "This is insane," Riwoo exclaimed, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"I don't even know what to say, I feel that all this is unreal," Taesan said, his voice laced with a nervous excitement.

"I can't do this. Leaving for one month and a half with you guys will be difficult," Leehan stated, his gaze fixed on Taesan.

"Out of all of us, you are the loudest," Riwoo told him, a playful smirk on his face.

"This is a perfect for the mission," Leehan stated, his gaze shifting to the magnificent building opposite them.

"That's true, It will be easier for us," Woonhak agreed, his voice calm and measured.

"This will definitely help them to get closer," Riwoo said, "One month and a half in a mansion, with no distractions, and a shared goal? It's the perfect recipe for reconnecting"

☘️

Sungho clutched his suitcase tightly, his knuckles turning white. Once, Jaehyun had been his closest confidant, but a betrayal of the most profound kind had shattered their bond.