𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 | Lᴇᴠɪ X Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

MAJOR ATTACK ON TITAN MANGA SPOILERS!!!!

CHAPTER 138 - 139 SPOILERS!!!

Using they/them pronouns

Enjoy!

"Isn't this...The same thing...They did in Ragako?" Connie faltered on his words. Mikasa, Jean, and Gabi all glanced back in shock.

"Mikasa, Peick! Get on Falco and get away from here!!" Levi hollered back at the two.

"Huh?" You asked, still in shock from what Connie had divulged before. Your mind was blank, unable to process anything transpiring around you.

"What...Are you saying?" Peick appeared to be in the same state of mind as you at the moment. "Ackermans and anyone with the power of the Titans won't be affected. You should know what we need to do better than anyone here."

Hearing Levi explain it out loud made you realize that this was really happening. You were going to...

Die.

Death was a constant in your life. Since the moment you put the wings of freedom on your back and dedicated your heart to humanity, death constantly lingered in the back of your mind. To think that it was going to occur in the next couple of minutes was unimaginable. Your body trembled narrowly at the weight of your impending doom.

"No this is too much for me to-"

"Hurry and GO!" As soon as those words left Levi's mouth, both of your heads whipped around to each other. Taking fast steps towards each other both and the both of your lips collided in a desperate kiss.

Your mouth moved against each other's in sync, and wet, salty tears escaped the confines of your tightly shut eyes.

His lips had a dull layer of dried blood, but he tasted like him, a remote tea flavor lingered on his cracked, dry lips.

You both broke the kiss apart for air and you both held one another's bloody faces in your hands. The look in Levi's gray, dull eye was despair, fear, and...Hopelessness.

He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to leave the person he cared for and loved most in this world to die. He didn't want to leave the person that grounded him to his humanity. Who valued him unconditionally even with all of his imperfections. Who he felt safe with for the first time in his pitiful life. The someone who had taught him about life's great joys. The someone who is always there at his darkest hours. The person with whom he can freely talk with and the person who continues to love him even in the pathetic state he is in.

It wasn't fair that he had to make this choice.

It isn't fair.

"I love you (Y/N)," he murmured for the last time.

You choked on your tears but managed to meet his eyes for a final time.

"I love you too, Levi. Now go save the world."

He broke from your embrace and mounted back on Falco and he took off into the dreary, smoky sky, leaving you, Connie, and Jean behind. Peick tried to make one last frantic attempt to go back to you guys, to her family, but Mikasa held her back tightly. Tears dripped down Falco's face as he flew away in his Titan in anguish.

"So this is how it ends for us," you, Connie, and Jean had your arms wrapped firmly around each other as Connie spoke.

"Guess so, we'll have to trust them to finish this for us," Jean expressed sadly. You could tell by their voices that they didn't want to die either, but we're satisfied that they weren't going to die alone.