Chapter 70: The Finding Of The Sapling

The next few weeks are rather uneventful. It is nearing the end of June and the days are beginning to get warmer and the flowers are beginning to look a little dry. I've spent the last couple of days having conversations with Aragorn about what to do with the tree in the courtyard. We have also spoken with Gandalf on the matter to see what he knows. He spoke of an old forgotten path, neither Aragorn nor I had any idea of what his ramblings were about, but we decided that the three of us would go together at some point in the near future. Today I had decided to go and have a little adventure outside of the city walls. Walking with the wolves over the open fields of the Pelennor I smile breathing in the fresh air.

'Nymira, come play tag with me?' I hear Frost beg and whine in my mind.

"Okay, only for a little while, we still have a picnic to set up." I say cheerily and begin chasing her across the fields. I beam as I see her glossy white fur move and shift in the wind as she runs in different directions to throw me off the path of catching her. We eventually stop messing around and go back towards the city. Close to the gate, the members of the Fellowship along with our friends had begun to set up a picnic. I smile as I quietly wander behind Legolas and hug his waist.

"Hello, meleth nín." (My love.) he says merrily as he gives my arms a squeeze in response to my hug.

"Hello love. Need me to help with anything?" I ask walking in front of him. He nods and hands me a large blanket.

"I cannot seem to get it to lay flat." He says screwing up his eyebrows and pouting. I giggle and back away from him a little. Drawing out my wings I fly up a few feet above him. Unfolding the tangled blanket, I create a large gust of wind with my wings and quickly lay it out flat on the ground.

"There we go." I say happily as I smooth it out a little whilst sitting down. Legolas comes and sits behind me, placing me between his legs. He slowly ruffles his hand threw my feathers as I lean against him contentedly. I begin to hum quietly to myself as I usually do when my mind begins to run away with me.

"You going to sing for us again lass?" I hear Gimli say as he loudly and not so graciously plops himself down next to Legolas and I.

"I don't see why not." I say chuckling. I feel Legolas kiss my temple, a habit he has picked up recently, as he lazily wraps his hands around my waist allowing me to hide my wings once again. He reluctantly lets go as I get into a better sitting position to sing for our friends.

"You've been on my mind

I grow fonder every day,

Lose myself in time

Just thinking of your face.

God only knows,

Why it's taken me so long

To let my doubts go

You're the only one that I want."

I smile as I turn to look at Legolas.

"I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before

Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,

You never know if you never try

To forgive your past and simply be mine."