Chapter 19 - Grian

'SCAR!'

I yell his name as I run through the endless forest, hoping I'm close, hoping that after travelling for so long I find him. I swear this world is bigger than it used to be. And I swear I knew my way around it. 

Did the creators change it?

I don't have time to think. If I'm going to be back as fast as I can, I need to go fast. Every second I waste lost is a second where Skizz and Tango might get attacked by Doc. 

DocM77 was slain by Smajor

I check chat as I run. Scott killed Doc. Definitely revenge for Jimmy's death. I realise he was first to die again, as I finally catch a glimpse of the sand-lands ahead. 

I almost crash into a house as tunnel vision takes over. Luckily I stop just in time. The forest around it is still smouldering with the last of a fire. A sigh of relief. Scar had definitely been here.

'Grian? What are you doing here?' 

Scar. So he is here. 

'Scar, Doc wants to kill you. Please. Get away. Hide. Don't stay here where he can find you.'

'I know.'

'You- what?!'

'I know. He already tried to kill me. Several times.'

'Several- are you alright?' I ask. Scar shrugs

'Well, I'm still alive. I guess I've become good at staying alive.'

'Don't say stuff like that, Scar. Seriously. It'll always go wrong. And I don't want you to die.'

'I'm fine.' Scar insists. 'Don't worry about me. I'm good at surviving. And besides, Cub's here to look after me.'

'Really?' I cross my arms.

'Yes. I'm fine. I can deal with Doc.'

'Not forever... Scar, please, stop acting heroic and reckless. It's not helping. When you die, you are dead. No respawn, no appearing in another world, dead. And I can't let you die.'

'This isn't third life, Grian. You don't have to constantly be looking out for me.'

'If I don't, you'll end up dead. Seriously, Scar. You would've been dead instantly if I wasn't with you in Third life.'

'Well- you don't know that!'

'What's going on? Oh, hey Grian.'

'Cub, listen to me. Scar's in danger.' I rush over to the other vex. Cub lets out a small laugh.

'Scar's always in danger.' He replies. 'And sometimes he's able to talk himself out of it, and sometimes he can't.'

'I talked Etho out of killing us.' Scar adds. 'And I killed Doc. I can always talk myself out of a bad situation.'

'Scar... you can't... this isn't a game.'

'Then what is it?'

'A trap. They want to kill us. They want us all to end up dead. They want you to die, so me and Cub will be upset. Doc won't let go of this.'

'We used to be friends...'

'I know. I know how hard this is for you. For everyone. But Doc doesn't want to be your friend any more than Ren did before. And you can't fight him, and you can't talk him out of it. Scar, if he sees you, he will kill you.'

Scar blinks back at me.

'I can fight Doc. And I know why he's mad. Etho died. Again. And he thinks the SO DEAD did it.'