Chapter 25 - Grian

Me: asks my parents which story I should work on. 

Them: both choosing a different one

Me: going for the one neither of them picked (this)

It's a couple of days until we leave Cub, Scar and Impulse's base. Doc's not been seen, but no death messages have appeared in chat with his name in. Lizzie's settled in alright, building her own house to join the others. Me, Tango and Skizz didn't bother, knowing we'd be off. 

Which we are doing now. 

'Stay safe, alright? No death messages from any of you.' Scar insists.

'Says you...' I reply. 'Remember you were the first person to lose their first and second lives in third life.'

'And the last to lose my final one. But I'm not letting you die.' 

'Grian? You coming?' Skizz calls. I look towards where he and Tango are. 

'Yeah, just a moment...' I reply, turning back to Scar. 'And you stay safe too. All of you. Cub, I know you don't want Scar to die, but don't go dying to save him. And Impulse. You too. Don't die.' 

He merely nods back. Lizzie watches the conversation from further back, clearly still getting over everything changing. With one final smile at the group, I run off to join Tango and Skizz. 

'Right. Where are we going?' Asks Skizz immediately. I shrug.

'Don't know. But we need our own place. We all saw how well a large group did when it came to the Crastle...'

'Don't remind me.' Tango interrupts darkly. 

'Yeah.' Skizz nods. 'Anyway, do we know if there's anyone in my old place? Skizz Point?'

'Haven't checked. But it might be a good option. As long as Doc isn't there.' 

'Doc's everywhere. I don't think he even has a base any more.' Tango replies. 'He's just hunting us all down.'

'Alright. Let's try to be more positive.' I cut off before he can make me any more paranoid about attack. 'Where's Skizz Point?'

'Near Dogwarts.' Skizz takes the lead. 'I can take us there.'

'Through the endless forest?'

'Yeah. I know the way. And I'll kill anyone who comes after us. Especially Doc.'

'Skizz... I... you've been a lot more bloodthirsty and reckless since you became red.'

'Yeah? And?' 

'And I think you should try to think sensibly about this. Doc's dangerous. It took a lot of arrows to stop him from killing us before. And there were 4 of us.'

'...including Scar, with Cub badly hurt.' 

'Still. We shouldn't look for trouble. Besides, he used to be our friend. Everyone used to be our friend. We shouldn't forget that.' 

'Doc has.'

'We're not Doc.'

'Or Impulse.' Tango adds. 'We don't go around killing people as revenge.' 

'Exactly.' I ignore the mention of Impulse, as the three of us carry on waking. We're fully into the forest at this point, Skizz maintaining his confident demeanour. Still wary, I unsheathe my sword, jumping as almost every sound. Tango's behind the rest of us, eyes flicking around, staring into the darkness of the forest. I slow down to walk with him.

'How's everything going?' I decide to ask. He looks over. 

'Alright, I guess. Getting over stuff... trying to focus on other things...'