INTRODUCTION

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ────────────

Hello everyone, I am SO glad to be back with a new fanfiction! Even though it is not Star Wars content, I hope you will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed Crimson Station!

This fanfiction is called Shadow's Altar, and takes place in the Grishaverse created by Leigh Bardugo (read the synopsis below for more information on the setting!)

I wouldn't say that this fanfiction really contains any precise spoilers, but it's better of course to have read the SoC duology and the S&B trilogy before reading, you may not understand everything if you have only watch the Netflix show.

Shadow's Altar is already fully written, as I originally wrote it for my best friend's birthday (hi there anneonyme_ <3) in 2021 but I loved it so much that I decided to post it on here almost a year later. It will over be MUCH shorter than Crimson Station as I only had a few weeks to write it before my friend's birthday. The chapters will be posted weekly, probably on every Wednesday.

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑 ! 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐋
Yes, this is a Darkling fanfiction, but lets be extremely clear here : THIS IS NOT A DARKLING APOLOGIST STORY. I do NOT support the Darkling or any of his actions, this man is an abusive and manipulative psychopath. My best friend and I both adore Ben Barnes, and my idea was to write a fic about Ben Barnes as the Darkling, or about the S&B tv show Darkling who asks for consent lol.

Thank you for your time and enjoy your reading!

Artemis.

/!\ 𝑻𝑾 ────────────
Violence and mature themes. I advise not to read if you are sensitive to such things!

┌──────────────────┐
⠀  𝑺 𝒀 𝑵 𝑶 𝑷 𝑺 𝑰 𝑺 ⠀
࿐・࿔ ✦ 𓅨  ༉‧₊˚
└──────────────────┘

     Three years after Alina Starkov's failure, Ravka fell into anarchy, before the Darkling, only Grisha able to control pure darkness, coronated himself king, silencing anyone who would dare oppose him.

As the news of his newly appointed rule start to spread in the nearby countries, so does the growing nervousness about an upcoming invasion. On Kerch island, the ruling Merchant Council, fearing their island's annexion, offers an appealing reward for anyone brave enough to take this deadly threat to the grave.

In the worst corners of the Barrel, the Dregs, led by the infamous Kaz Brekker, barely hesitate before accepting the mission, already seeing the money filling their pockets. It is Nessa Volkov, renouned as Ketterdam's finest assassin, who is chosen for this dangerous task. She heads for Ravka with her knives as sharp as her tongue and confident smiles, with a quick and precise job in mind.

But when she finally meets her target, Nessa gets entailed into a deadly valtz, a vicious cat and mouse game, until the lines start to dangerously blur between the hunter and the prey...

┌────────────────────┐
𝑪   𝑯   𝑨   𝑹   𝑨   𝑪   𝑻   𝑬   𝑹   𝑺 ⠀
࿐・࿔ ✦ 𓅨  ༉‧₊˚
└────────────────────┘
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
❛ 𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐊𝐎𝐕 ❜
ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀɪsʜᴀ ᴀssᴀssɪɴ.