21

Tsukki trudged back up the stairs to my door where I was waiting for him. Kenma muttered a short goodbye and followed the two boys out. "Are you okay?"
He hugged me and murmured something into my shoulder.
"What?" I stumbled back inside with him still glued to me. My shoulder was wet now. He was crying.
"Where's my phone at?"
He pulled away and didn't bother wiping the tears from his glasses. "I think in there why?" I pointed to the kitchen. He hastily stumbled to his phone and I quickly followed him. I put my hand on his shoulder and peeked at his home screen. A text from Kageyama with an image attached. Only he clicked it I realized the true extent of the situation. It was us.

Making out,

In the locker room.

I hugged him but his arms were limp.
"That bastard," he laughed through his tears.
"I think everyone will know about it soon ,"
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have-
"Its not your fault," he looked up at me and I wiped the tears from his face. He threw his phone at the couch and walked to the door. "Do you want me to-"
"I just need to take a walk,"
I nodded and watched him slump outside.

I was beyond angry. How did he even get that? I swore Bokuto was the only one who caught us.

His previously tossed phone buzzed on the couch. It was still open. I lunged towards it and checked the new notification, Kageyama again.

" Tsukishima, I didn't mean to cause trouble but you're sleeping with one of our biggest threats! The captain even. You barely qualify as a team player and now you pull this? Nekoma is our rival and you fucked up."

Didn't mean to cause trouble my ass. So what if I was on Nekoma? Then it hit me. This wasn't about me, not entirely anyway. Kageyama wanted to get back at Tsukki for his relentless teasing.

That wasn't the real Tsukki, I know its not. How can nobody else see how scared he is? Tsukishima isn't a tough bully, he's a scared kid who needs a hug.

I promise you I'll do everything I can to help you.

I love him so much my heart aches at the very thought of him hurting. All the lonely nights he must have spent. All the times he's hid himself from everyone.

Why?