WithReason

It's a grand joke.

The joke being the woman she'd never met was the cause of her demise.

Her mother 

A joke.

A joke was meant to be funny. Humour was meant to be found in the words of a comedian. An unfunny Comedian was a mere person with a lack of good judgment. What makes a comedian was his or her jokes. Yet, when Beelzebul left, unaware of the real reason she killed both brothers, she was left to retreat to her thoughts. She was left to make peace with this joke, to laugh with mockery. 

She hadn't said a word as the canvas stood behind The King of the South locked away with his riches. 

Indeed this was a safe house.

 A place of comfort, what she hadn't understood was why her mother was the King of the South's place of comfort. 

Then as she saw the blinding rage within the only father figure she knew, recognition fumed her mind, she knew this had all happened because of the woman in front of them. 

"How dare you, have my picture within your courts" His voice was menacing as he took a death provoked step towards his brother who was too busy staring at Persefoni. 

Completely ignoring the blaring anger seething from his brother he inclined towards her "To believe that it was her re-incarnation that caused my downfall" His voice wavered as he eyed with longing. Persefoni held her sword tight as he step towards her in a daze.

"Forgive me Ceres, I beg" He wailed falling before her feet. 

"You imbecile! you were the one that took her from me, You were the one that killed her!" 

Shoulders slumped Persefoni rubbed her head with her blood-stained hands, no doubt trying to make sense of the nonsense. Her men were still slaughtering the defenses of the South who were desperately trying to prevent the coop. Yet there wasn't much they could do, the king and his wives and wives children and his children were dead.  She hadn't meant to go that far but as the timeline of events were revealed by the brothers. As it all came tumbling, she slaughtered them with no remorse. 

"You took everything from me, The eldest shall serve Youngest. You stole my kingdom. YOU stole my wife!" Dragging his brother by the tail of hair he pulled him throughout the threshold. "She was mine to love and you took that away from me " 

"How long must I apologize what more must I do!" The brother wailed.

One blue eye stared at his brother menacingly his heel to his face crushing his head against the gold coins that littered the floor "I want my wife back" 

She was her father's lover first, he had come to terms with not being fit to lead the kingdom due to the prophecy. He had no want for that position, either way, so he took the position of general within his brother's rule. Then he met her mother. Ceres was as beautiful even more than Persefoni with curls so long it cascaded to her feet, and skin so dark, lips so full and feminine she was a beauty. A beauty running away from Cockscold one of the many villages within their province. They had met along the border as he was on patrol and seeing her pass through the gates, feet bare. He knew she had no place to stay. So he took her in and made her the head maid of his household as an exchange for labor for a place to stay. They feel deeply in love. But word had gotten to his brother who was curious of the woman that could claim his brother's, cold heart. Upon seeing her, Stricken by her beauty. He too fell in love. Seeking vengeful ways to claim her of his own. 

When she showed no interest in his rule; or his kingdom. Once dismissed she ran off telling the tale of what transpired her lover. They then quickly got married and consummated with eagerness. But the King would not take no for an answer. 

A poison that was made to kill his brother, passed by the lips of her mother mistakenly; leading to her death. 

She was with child.

The night as he held her close on the brink of death she told him of the letters she'd been writing to a small town that held her child and as per her wish he sought Persephone out. Vowing to avenge the kingdom that was stripped from him and to give the sole heir of his lover the throne.

Had she'd known that the man she so desperately love would make her the monster she was. 

Would have taken away her child

Would have taken away the childhood of many others 

Would have beaten her to the brink of death 

Would've starved her for weeks 

Poison her to build immunity 

Hunted her for sport and training 

Had she'd known the man she desperately loved was her demise.

And yet held no remorse.

It was this lack of remorse that made her snap. It was his lack of remorse that made her lose all humane sense. It was his lack of remorse that cost him his head. 

As she stared at the god forbidden city, the city that cause her her life. She wanted nothing more but everything in it to burn to the ground. She wanted every being living in the king's province to feel her grief to fuel her anger. She wanted it to roll unhurriedly and painfully slow. She wanted to wallow in their cries for help and despire. She wanted to bathe in their blood. 

She wanted them eradicated