Is this the End

~

The trod back was quiet, it took three days journey to reach The pearl. Three days back to Infernus was what was expected, yet silence gripped the victory wrapped clad as all eyes were on one woman. Hairs stood elongated on her neck, as ginger curls flushed against her head. Her breathing was labored as she felt the intensity of everyone's gaze. 

Daeril seemed impatient yet no one attacked the prey, no one was allowed to capture it but the hunter. The beasts trod lightly as a hush tremor fell upon the Infinites, the air was cold for the morning, as every living thing scurried out of their way. The clouds drew closer together forming a cloudy sky. The warriors rocked gracefully as they rode their horses with a firm grip around the straps that directed the beasts.   

Christine held her breathe, she hadn't known why she had lived this long, gripping her stomach she prayed for mercy.  To whom she was praying to, she hadn't known, the prayers seemed to go unanswered. 

Christine knew Persefoni was patient, she liked to lurk, to breathe down the neck of her offenders. She liked to see a glimmer of hope flash before her captives eyes before she crushed it. She thrived on suspense as it seemed to cause a rush of adrenaline to curse through her body. 

She hadn't fought against Evimeria just because of land, Persefoni was seemingly counting Lucious strikes. On many accounts, Lucious was disruptive as he questioned Persefoni's power, yet she left it unanswered. In meetings, balls, conferences he had openly disrespected the Queen of Infernus, yet her reply was a curt nod. Eddie had seen yet every time he stepped in she would shake her head in dismissal, Beelzebul had caught a whiff of it too but he hadn't said anything on behalf of his queen.

Now look at him, he has lost his land, his warriors, his freedom, and his children.

Christine feared this, she feared pending death. Unlike Belzebul, he was quick with his actions, swift at most, no thoughts given. But Persefoni pondered, she waited, she ate as her victims suffered. 

Christine was suffering and Persefoni knew this. 

The worse thing was everyone around her wanted her to die as well, not because of Persefoni's hatred but because they genuinely despised Christine. At that moment Christine gripped her stomach tighter. 

Christine could feel their eyes the moment they stepped out of Infernus, the moment she left Beelzebul's arms as he went into Persefoni's chambers. She could remember his response when she asked him to let her stay home, to say with him. Yet he hadn't the decision to make. It was all Persefoni, and whatever she said, goes.

Persefoni eyed her prey as fear wrapped her body, her armor was clad in blood but Perseoni knew better to think she ever had killed anyone. She could see death's cloud hanging over her head. If Persefoni had decided to stop in her tracks, all arrows would be pointed to the concubine's head. 

The air drew in tighter as it crisps against her melanin. Eddie watched, curiosity peaking through his eyelids, Dearil watched his queen as well, a light shiver traveling down his spine. The silence was a form of affirmation. 

Christine would die, die in these woods. 

Persefoni halted, and as if in swift motion her warriors ceased. 

Christine unaware of her surroundings continued as her horse trodded slowly, but soon the warmth of her surroundings shifted as the Infinites were no longer surrounding her. Turning around the sight made tears fall down her face. Flammed arrows 20 of them pointing at her as Persefoni watched her a slight glimmer in her eyes. 

"My queen- " Christine began, Persefoni hadn't said anything no one moved. Christine continued " I-"  her words seemed to buckle in her throat as Persefoni's piercing eyes watched her.  Those eyes, those eyes caused a quick shiver to run down her spine. A small smirk looped along with Persefoni's plumped ones. 

"I remember how the knight made me run through the woods as he and his men hunted me down"  Persefoni began allowing her horse to trod slightly away from her warriors. " That day he caught me and branded me, I was 17 then" 

Eddie grimaced, he remembered that day, all of the warriors had that training, yet it only lasted for 5 hours. 

Persefoni's lasted for a week.

Persefoni could remember it, the experience was petrifying. Every day as she hid in horror as the knight hunted her as training, 

She could still smell the moss she had covered herself into camouflage with the grass, she remembered how one of the men slung his arrow slicing his flesh yet she couldn't yelp, she remembered how she cried continuously. As she thought this day would be her last. Yet when she came home their Beelzebul was kissing Christine. 

Lifting up her armour she revealed the brand that was in the valleys of her breast. 

There the number stood 27.5.25 

"MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN" Persefoni whispered 

Christine shivered Beelzebul had the same brand on his neck " My queen-"

"Run Christine, if I find you... you're dead" 

 With that Christine galloped with her hand still grasping her stomach.