AfterMath

~

Obsidian had never seen such terror in his life in battle. The wails and screams of children were much worse than he had expected. His dragons that were once tamed, were under the tight influence of blood lust as they swept over every plain devouring what they could. To reign them in would be near impossible.

With great dread, he muttered"Allah forgive me " 

His men no doubt behind him were also in awe of the massacre that they aided. This wasn't just mere conquering and expanding this was death and as they eyed the warriors of the Infinites, the men and women they laughed with Days earlier. They fell sick to their stomach as they watch them bask in the terror. As they became one with Death. 

Upon the hill plain, he could see their Queen overseeing the torment that plagued the city. Her plan to destroy was flawlessly executed which had pleased them all at the beginning but mid-fight something had changed the human steak, the unfiltered despise for ill intent, the need to see good in the things that they were doing was unmasked, the thread was cut and before they knew it all hell broke loose. 

The city and its King weren't being overruled. 

They were being eradicated.

Eridanos found her second, he knew something was wrong the moment the dragons started feasting on the things they had planned to be left alone. The wails of the children and his warriors far gaze was something he'd never witnessed. They've done terrible things undoubtedly but it had an unspeakable limit. Civilians were never trobled. But here the dragons were chomping on any man, woman, boy, and girl they saw. Drenched in blood he ran up the hillside slipping several times on the jugged terrain to meet his love. Yet the closer he came, he knew she'd slipped into a blood range so deep, realization dawned upon him as the head of their Father laid beside her.

"Persephone!!" He yelled trying to attain her attention still running in her direction, but she still stayed viewing The South, the once lavish city turning to ash. 

"Persephoneeee!!"  Slinging off his armor he grabbed her, shaking her out of the dazed that befell her then pulling her into his chest, and not a minute later she held unto him tightly as she sobbed loudly. 

Obsidian had seen the exchange and with a worried expression, he and his men raced the hillside as her wails plagued their ears.

"Speak to me Sephone, You have to stop this madness!" Eridanos cooed holding her tightly as her heart-wrenching wails filled his ears. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Obsidian approaching closely.

Breaking away from him her red-rimmed eyes stared at him brokenly as she screamed "He made me into this !!! He made the TAle! He and the God-Forsaken City! Made the Tale!"

Realization slapped him as her words rang within his ear "It was him and the God-forsaken wench of A Mother, After her death, he vowed to Avenge her and he made the Tale! He planned this He planned All of this! The city is my gift! The gift to the Monster he created! "

Before he could reach out to grab her again in comfort, Beelzebul took his chance pulling Persefoni into the embrace she longed for in so long. His deep voice rang sweet promises in her ear as he cradled her to his chest like a baby, as she waled for the monstrous beast their father had created. The city was forever a symbol of why this hell had started. 

"Seph" It was Beelzebul's tender voice that calmed her down as he feathered kisses along her face in comfort.

 Eddie hadn't known when he'd popped up. It was as if he appeared miraculously out of thin air. 

But seeing her curled in his arms made him green with jealousy. They both knew if she was in her right mind she'd never sought comfort from him. He saw a moment of weakness and took it.

Taking her chin in his they stared at each other deeply as he continue feathering kisses in comfort "Tell me what you want and it is done" His word made her heart clench as she buried her head in his chest crying again. "I want them gone, Bobbie, I want them gone "  

"Then you'll have to live with the burden that you've killed innocent children to avenge your childhood. Is that what you want?" His words weren't taunting, or doubtful. He knew he could live with it but Persefoni couldn't, her compassion despite the adversaries ran deep. 

She cried again her conflicting thoughts running rampage as she tried to decide. Beelzebul's grip never loosened as he massaged her head and rubbed her back in comfort. He wasn't used to showing emotions especially in front of his people. But he'd be damned if he made Eridanos take his moment away from him. He wasn't there when he had given her his mother's necklace, or when they stared at the herd of dears wondering off. 

It was always them.

 Together.

"I'll let it go" Her words were heard by everyone as relief washed over their faces. Obsidian who had witnessed the ordeal, eyed the pair with more respect than he'd like to admit. 

Untwining herself from Beelzebul's hold, he left a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"I'll give the warriors the new detail of what is to be done from here on out. You did well Persephone." His praise did something to her heart she'd never admit out loud. 

 "Eridanos will carry you home"