•° Cracks °•

If you wanted to stay with Camilo instead of following Mirabel read up until the
🌺

You followed Camilo into the kitchen to help make his mother tea and sighed in exasperation, all of this. You could tell Camilo was surprised you stuck around but you wouldn't leave the Madrigal family's side when they needed you. What kind of Friend would you be?

"What do you think is happening to the magic?"
You asked softly, getting the vanilla and honey from the cupboards; Camilo shrugged in response, but you could tell he was just as stresses and curious as you were.

The silence was tense and anxious, you didn't like it in the slightest, and Camilo needed comforting just as much as his mom did so you grabbed his hand and gave a smile, not missing the heavy blush rising to his freckled face.

"Whatever it is, magic or not, I am sticking around, you and your family are amazing and I care about every single one of you.. even you Cami"

Camilo was stunned speechless at your words, time slowed for both of you but before he could respond the hot water was ready, the sound bringing you out of your trance and leaving both of you blushing brightly, you quickly got the tea and Camilo took it to his mother, while you ran off on your own to try get a glimpse of what was happening.
You could hear voices in the kitchen and peered through a small opening in the wall, you could see Bruno talking to Mirabel and she was convincing him to do another reading...
"Things are only going to get more complicated." You sighed.

🌺🌺🌺

Mirabel had talked to Bruno and somehow convinced him to give her another reading, one thing lead to another and they were in Antonio's room, though you went to find Camilo. You worried him and you didn't want him thinking you're hurt.

"Camilo! Camilo?!"
You ran throughout Casita trying to find him, honestly where could he have gone?! He wasn't in his room, the kitchen, the front, or with Dolores in her room, Pepa and Félix hadn't seen him and when Pepa found out you couldn't find him she went mad, Félix did his best to calm her but he was worried himself and there's no greater force than a Latino mother worried about her child.

If Camilo Isn't anywhere in Casita he must be in town, where else? Though, where in town could he have been?!

You racked your brain, trying to think of a reasonable place for him to look.

"My house!"

Of course, he was looking for you so where else would he have gone?
You slid down casita's stairs in a hurry but just as you reached the front doors but before you could open them they swung open on their own and Camilo rushed through, the two of you colliding painfully.

"Sorry-"
You began but Camilo trapped you in a hug before you could continue.

"¡Me tenias preocupado! ¡Pensé que te había pasado algo!" He cried out, it was almost adorable seeing him this worked up. He really cared about you..
(You had me worried! I thought something happened to you!)

You hugged him back but the moment was ruined when Abuela came in, she needed Camilo to help calm the town's people. Everything in town was chaos from what you heard and Camilo had no choice but to go with Abuela and leave you, honestly couldn't all this just go on hold for a few seconds?!

You huffed until you heard something coming from Isabella's room, you quickly ran and snuck in, you weren't ready for what you witnessed.

You laughed with Isabella and Mirabel, all three of you covered in several colours from the various plants. You breathed out a laugh until the doors swung open and Abuela came in, she wasn't happy.

Mirabel did her best to explain but she was shut down by Abuela and it lead to an argument, you couldn't do much besides watch, despite your close Relationships with the Madrigals, so much so they didn't bother to hold back on their words in your presence, that didn't mean you could but into their family business. There was a certain line you weren't going to cross.

"Ah-"
You let out a shriek when the floor under you cracked, then there was another crack, and another and within seconds they were all over. Casita was Falling apart, Isabella quickly went after the candle but her attempt was in vain.

You looked around and saw Camilo, running from the destruction that followed, you could've sworn your heart stopped for a split second out of fear when he missed the candle when he turned back into himself.

He grabbed the rail and you ran over, catching him before he hit the floor and you let out a sigh of relief- that didn't last long when Antonio nearly got crushed and Casita pushed everyone out while Mirabel was still inside trying to get the candle.

"MIRA!"
You screamed as the house came crashing down, thankfully, she was alive when it was all over, but the candle had gone out.

What was she thinking?! She could've gotten hurt! Yet she was prioritizing a candle?! This girl was something else...

Mirabel ran off and you wanted to follow but she seemed to need time alone, for now you stayed back to observe what was once Casita.