The final chapter.

Y/N POV:

"Your son really is a handful. I wish you could've given me some advice on him...or at least know what you said." You were crouched down with a bouquet of flowers, talking to Carla's headstone.

You fumbled your fingers together between the bouquet, not knowing how else to go about things. You obviously have wanted what was best for Eren, as time passed with him gone you began to wonder if you weren't what was best for him. Would his little "break" become permanent because he realized how much better off he was without you?

After last week, things moved pretty slow and nothing significant really happened. You didn't know where Eren was or what he was even doing. Mikasa slowly started to make you question your choice to wait.

"I feel so stupid. I'm at a cemetery yet all I can think about is those hospital slushies Eren gave me when we were waiting for you to get out of surgery. He got me addicted to the video you apparently hated," you smiled a little and bit your bottom lip as you reminisced on all the good moments with him.

You've recently visited her grave a bit more often than usual, you just wanted someone to talk to who you knew wouldn't judge you. At first, you visited hoping to run into Eren but you never did obviously.

"Welsh grey building. Second floor, room 34 at four pm. Don't make me wait or I won't open the door for you."

You set the flowers down and stood up whilst shaking your head because you thought you had gone batshit crazy and started hearing voices.

"You're not hearing voices, crazy. Turn around,"  you furrowed your brows and turned around to reveal the sight of Eren with something in his hands.

You hadn't smiled that big in a while, you gave him the time he needed and you were more than grateful to see him again. You rushed up and wrapped your arms around the back of his neck tightly.

You felt his heavy grasp hugging you back just a tightly.

"Fuck, I missed you." He whispered in a husker tone and you just couldn't imagine yourself letting go of him.

"I missed you too,"

He didn't smell like weed this time, instead, he smelled like the same cologne you remembered that very night you were flat out drunk and fell onto his chest. Ironically, it reminded you of your relationship together even though there wasn't really one at that time.

You leaned your head back a little and he took that opportunity to kiss you. Kissing your lips than all over your cheeks a couple of times, making you laugh.

"I love you." He says for the first time out loud to you.

It was known for a while in his mind but he had yet to say it to you, he mostly thought of you and attached loved to you in his mind naturally.

"I love you too," you smiled and raised your eyebrows into a relaxed position, his hands rested on your waist after hugging and you two just smiled at each other like two absolute idiots.

He revealed what was in his hand and you looked down and saw the Twinkie just resting there.

"Wanna share it?" He grinned and even though you didn't particularly care for them, of course, you agreed.

Two stubborn idiots in love. That's exactly what you were.

Truth was, it could be the right person and the right timing yet, still did not work out. Thankfully, time was endless, especially for the two of you.