Chapter 4:The Next Day.

Tuesday, January 4th 5:30AM

(Y/N)s POV.

I woke up in my bed that is in my medium sized room.(You live in a average sized house, it has a living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom and a normal sized backyard.) Still thinking of what Niki and Drista told me yesterday when they walked me home.

"Take a few days off, I can't if they seem distressed or upset with eachother and keep on hurting others".

I muttered to myself, maybe I should bring something with me for the SCPs, after all Niki and Drista didn't tell me to bring nothing with me. I grinned sheepishly, that's not a bad idea actually, I do have plenty of time. I got out of bed and walked straight to the kitchen in my casual clothes I wore past night because I couldn't be bothered changing last night.

~-one hour later-~

An hour has passed and my chocolate chip cookies are in the oven to be cooking right now as I wait. I usually make it for people who are either depressed, has insomnia or just for people who are hungry like me. Possibly for this case, I hope it helps the SCPs.

I walked outside of my backyard, the sun is currently rising. The backyard is pretty simple, plenty of fruit and normal trees, a garden and a blackberry bush. I looked around my backyard and unfortunately the fruits and vegetables are not ready to be plucked yet. I grabbed a watering can and watered the garden, not really worried for the bush and the trees.

Once I was done, I rushed back inside to my kitchen and found my cookies are cooked already. I grabbed the kitchen mittens, opened the oven and grabbed the tray full of cookies out, putting it on the bench next to the oven.

"Ouch that is hot".

I huffed as I took the mittens off and hears a knock on the door. I walked straight to the door and found out it was Drista in her casual clothes and her duffle bag.

"Oh hello Drista, where's Niki?".

"Oh hi (Y/N), Niki is awake but she said she's going to come over late because she has to go run some errands around town".

I shrug as I smiled, happy to know Niki's doing fine.

"Well come in then Drista, I've made cookies".

Once I've said that, Drista instantly charged into my house, pushing me out of the way as I chuckled.

I walked into my kitchen and found Drista trying to stuff some of the cookies in her pockets while hissing in pain from the burning sensation.

"Whoa calm down Drista, I'll make you some more because those are for the SCPs".

She looked at me and huffed playfully.

"Awe, but I'm your favourite, I love your cookies (Y/N)".

"I know but those are for the SCPs, I'm hoping that my usual methods of therapy will work".

Drista only nodded as she put only a few cookies back on the tray and ate one.

"Anyways before I forget, are you really sure you still want to do this (Y/N)?. Because from yesterday's events, the SCP asylum will never be normal again".

I heavily sighed as I pinched the brink of my nose.

"Drista, I'm positive that I want to do this, if I get into trouble, I'll immediately tell you and Niki since I'm close friends with you two".

I assured her as she only sighed, Drista's a good friend, she always cheers not only me but everyone else up with her explosive personality. Sometimes I wonder how I got a friend like her but other times I think it's just off luck.

Me and Drista talked for a while, also packing the cookies in the container as I heard the door knock.

"Oh that must be Niki!".

I rushed towards the door with a container in hands and Drista following me from behind. She already got changed into her work uniform in the spare bedroom so she's ready. I opened the door and found Niki that looked casual in her work uniform also.

"Oh hey guys, ready for work?".

"Aye aye captain!".

I yelled out, making Niki and Drista laugh as we walked straight to the SCP asylum, which is only a twenty minute walk.

"So anyway guys, what do you guys do in the asylum?".

I asked my previous question from yesterday, making them think about it.

"Well we do a bunch of things, I'm one of the ones that studies them".

Niki spoke as I turned to Drista, which she seemed to be scratching the back of her neck.

"Well I'm head of security since I can handle my brother who's in the containment field".

"Ohh, who's your brother?".

I asked curiously, making the two look extremely fearful to tell me.

"Well, my brother is Dream, he is basically a manipulator in the asylum. Since I'm the only one that can handle him, I got instantly hired as the head of security. All in all I got partnered with Niki to observe the SCPs, so basically things aren't that bad unlike yesterday's".

I felt sorry for Drista but she instantly changed her appearance from serious and saddened to ecstatic and explosive again.

"Anyways, (Y/N) I think it's a good idea to leave you with Ranboo, he's not that bad, all he can do is enderwalk and teleport. He's a half and half enderman but he's quite forgetful so don't forget that (Y/N)".

I only nod at the information I was given by Niki, I hope today doesn't turn out like yesterday's.