Let's Talk.

Quick Note: I genuinely don't know how old you all are but there is quite a bit of swearing here. Quick heads up.

——————

So I know I said I'd be leaving MCYT behind like 2-3 years ago or something like that, and I have. However, I feel like I need to bring up today's events.

So for those of you who don't know, SkyDoesMinecraft got revealed to be what can only be described as a literal piece of shit. If you want to read up on it, go on Twitter or something but just a warning, it's some pretty heavy and mature stuff. There are several people stepping up to speak about this and how this guy has treated them, such as Deadlox, AntVenom, YourPalRoss, Mithzan, and many others.

I myself never really was a fan of him (I watched his videos every now and then), which makes this whole revelation a whole lot easier, but it still hurts seeing someone who was a part of my childhood turn out like this. And now that I think about it, there was also that entire Jinbop shitfest that went on several years ago. However, I was unaware of that until a while after I finished this story, which brings me to my next point.

This fanfiction that I wrote when I was like thirteen or somewhere around that age, it's beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I guess the main reason for that is that this story portrays Sky/Adam as a hero, which he is the exact fucking opposite of. Another is Jinbop's mere fucking existence.

The only reason Sky/Adam is the protagonist is because I saw him as like the leader of Team Crafted, and I felt like if I was writing a story centered around Team Crafted, he'd have to be the protagonist. That was the same plan with the rewritten version I started a few months ago. That plan is out the window now.

So, I genuinely don't know what to do with this now.

A part of me wants to take it down because it doesn't feel right portraying him like this, but the other part wants to keep it up since you guys still seem to be enjoying it, even all these years later. Not to mention the fact that writing this was a now-cringey but overall fun and pleasing journey to go on.

I'm moving this to the top so that new readers who do stumble upon this can just be warned. SkyDoesMinecraft isn't the hero that he's shown to be in this book. Well, nobody in this story is an accurate depiction of themselves.

I guess over the next couple days I'll be contemplating what to do with this and the sequel, but I felt that I had to bring this up.

Thanks.