Chapter 2 - Two Lovebirds killed with one stone

The alarm goes off and already she was dreading the day ahead. She wasn't scared, just hoping she would adapt to the school quite quickly so she didn't need to stop and talk to anyone.

After getting ready, she makes her way downstairs to see her mum waiting patiently for her at the door.

"What time did your alarm go off?"

"The time I set it too," she replied.

"Whatever, hurry up and get in the car. I'm driving your sisters to school then I'll drop you off,"

"Oh, there's no need, the school isn't that far, I can just walk," she says, taking some toast and picking up her bag.

"You sure? I don't mind-"

"Love you," she says, giving her mum a peck on her cheek and leaving out.

"Love you too, call me if things get too much!"

"Will do!" She shouts back.

Putting her earphones in she begins walking, the music the only thing she is focused on at this moment.

*Time skip*

She decided to take the longer root to school and was running five minutes behind but in this case, she was lucky considering when she turned up the first thing she spots is a news report van and police fences surrounding the school.

"What the fuck?"

A news reporter runs up to her and starts asking questions.

"You! Yes, can you tell us anything about what happened last night?" The reporter asks, shoving a mic in her face.

"I'm new here, I haven't clue what's going on," she replies, trying to walk around the reporter but failing as the camera got pushed in her face.

"But you've heard about what happened, correct?"

"Did you hear what I just said? I'm new, Can you move out of my way please, I'm late," she said but the reporter continues pushing past ignoring her and asking more questions.

"What made you come to Woodsboro High school?"

"Move your fucking mic out my face!" She yells making the reporter stunned and finally back away letting her pass.

"I did ask nicely the first time," she adds walking past, putting her earphone back in.

The bell rings and she quickly runs in, pushing past the many students that rushed not caring if she bumped into anyone to reach her locker.

Her first class was English. Everyone talked about the incident that happened last night. (Y/n) still having no clue what happened, simply ignores it and knocks on the door to her class.

"Come in,"

"Hi, I'm (Y/n) (L/n). I'm new here and was told this is my first class," she says.

"Yes, I was told. You can take Casey's old seat for now," the teacher says.

She nods and looks around at everyone who stares in her direction, this was somehow enough to make her feel unease. She takes a seat and looks at the front but couldn't help but notice the girl next to her, staring in her direction. It wasn't like the others, it was more welcoming.

She offers a smile and looks to the front again until the girl starts talking.

"I'm sorry, I keep staring..." the girl says, making her attention face the brunette in confusion.

"Sorry?"

"That chair," she starts but pauses to look to the front.

"It was my friend's seat," she said sadly looking off.