Chapter 5 - Too Good to Be True

Randy rides around on a trolley full of VHS tapes and nearly bumps into someone.

"Watch it, jerk," the man scolds.

"Sorry,"

Stu creeps up behind him and whacks the stack of movies out from his hands laughing.

"Dork,"

"Jesus, this place is packed tonight man,"

"We had a run in the mass murder section," Randy snorts.

"Coming to my fiesta?"

"Yeah, I'm off early. Curfew, you know,"

"What's that werewolf movie with ET's mum in it?" A girl asks.

"The Howling horror straight over there," Randy replies, pointing ahead.

"Okay, thanks,"

"Oh, now that's in poor taste," Randy says.

"What?" Stu asks, following his stare over to Billy standing talking with two other girls.

"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath. Would you be standing in the horror section?" He says, pointing his head back.

"Well, it was just a misunderstanding. He didn't do anything," Stu says.

"You're such a little lapdog. He's got killer printed all over his forehead,"

"Ok-ay, really? Why did the cops let him go, smart guy?"

"Because obviously, they don't watch a lot of movies. This is standard horror movie stuff. Prom night revisited, man," Randy says.

Stu rests his elbow and looks at him boredly.

"Why would he want to kill his own girlfriend?"

"There's always some stupid bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend," Stu raised his brows as he says that. As Randy talks Stu notices (Y/n) walking in behind him and looks off.

"Thats the beauty for it all, the simplicity, besides, if it gets too complicated. You lose your target audience,"

"Well, what's his reason?"

"Maybe Sidney won't have sex with him," Randy shrugs making Stu laugh.

"What is she saving herself for you?" He laughs more.

"Maybe, now that Billy tried to mutilate her. Maybe, Sid, should go out with me," Randy says. Stu laughs in his face.

"No, not at all,"

"You know who i think it is. I think it's her father. Why can't they find her pops man,"

"Because he's probably dead. His body comes popping up in the last reel somewhere. Eyes gouged out, fingers cut off, teeth knocked out," Stu gestures for him to quiet down as he noticed (Y/n) gaining on them.

"See the police moves off track with this shit. If they watched prom night they'd save time. There's a formula to it. A very simple formula! Everybody's a suspect!" Randy shouts making most the shop stop and stare at him silently as if he'd gone crazy.

(Y/n) looks over at the two confused.

"I'm telling you the dads a Red herring, it's Billy," turning around he was faced with the devil himself who grabs the collar of his shirt.

"How do we know you're not the killer. Huh?" Billy asks, Stu walks up behind him tauntingly.

"H-hi Billy,"

"Maybe your movie freaked mind lost it's reality button, did you ever think of that?"

"You're absolutely right. I'm the first to admit it, if this were a scary movie i'd be the prime suspect," he rants.