Chapter 4 - Let the Chase begin

The next morning, (Y/n) got up earlier than usual and started getting ready. School didn't start for another hour but something told her that if she left earlier she wouldn't have the thought of bringing up that phone call she got last night.

It's all she could think about. For all she knows it could of just been a well thought out prank call, but that end part was way too arcuate to be just a prank.

Plus the persons voice sounded as if they'd changed it. Was the person who called the killer? Could it of been someone she knew?

She walked downstairs and went to get her bag and hears her mother calling from the kitchen.

"You leaving for school now?" She asked in disbelief.

"I thought If I got there early, I could avoid the reporters," she cringes realising she hadn't mentioned the reporters to her mum yesterday.

"Did you say reporters? What reporters?" Her mum asked, confused.

"I promised to meet up with some friends, mum. I'll see you after school and we can speak about it," she says, grabbing her bag and things and reaching for the door, running out.

"Alright, be careful!"

"Will do, love you!"

Like yesterday, she plugs in her earphones and begins walking to school.

Walking down the main path she felt at peace but something wasn't right. It felt as though someone was watching her. She wasn't alone.

She took a quick glance behind her but saw nothing. When she faced the front she could have sworn she saw someone wearing black peering at her from some bushes.

Thinking it was nothing, she continued walking.

She soon came to realise that no matter what route she took to go to school, she always managed to turn up late, even with leaving early this morning.

She walked up the stairs and entered the school. She could feel the air growing colder. The atmosphere felt weird.

She went over to her locker and got out her books for first class. Putting the last book in her bag she walked down the hall and saw Sidney with Tatum and Stu. Stu was posing in the mirror he took from Tatums locker.

She walked over the the three.

Stu looked up from the mirror, seeing her approaching and quickly put the mirror back in Tatums locker.

"Hey, Sidney...Are you okay?" She asks, Sidney looking on edge or as if she hadn't slept very well.

"I-" Sidney began to speak, but Tate cuts her short.

"She's fine, she just had a rough night that's all," she says, not sounding all that convincing.

"She got chased by the killer last night," Stu interjects making Tate slap him in his chest.

"Ow,"

"Shut it, Stu," she growls.

"Are you being serious?" Just as she said this, someone wearing what looked like a Halloween costume came running down the hall going up to people screaming.

Apparently the clothes they wore were the same clothes as the killers. Interesting choice of clothing.

He ran over to the four and scared Sideny. (Y/n)'s back smacked into the locker behind her. She whacks the guy who fell to the floor.

"What's you're problem, man? I was just having some fun!" The guy whines, rolling around the floor in pain.

"Cry about it elsewhere, dick. You nearly broke my fucking neck," she says, holding onto her neck.