Eight

Y/N's POV

It's been a week since I kissed Florence. We haven't had the chance to really talk about what the kiss meant. She's been extremely busy doing a lot of interviews with Vogue and GQ. I've just been writing a ton of music. I've even been contacted by other artists to co-write songs.

Today is the day that Flo has to go meet Zach and get Billie. I'm sitting in the makeshift studio when there's a knock at the door. I tell Florence to come in and she peaks her head in with a smile. Florence's eyes roam around the room. I've got sheet music spread all over the counter, my guitar and bass are laying in the shower, my computer is sitting on the floor next to the foot of the keyboard. Of course I'm sitting on the toilet with the keyboard in front of me. "Is your studio always this messy?"

I chuckle, "No, but this is also like a fourth of the size of my normal studio. Not much room to put things if there isn't much room in general."

She smiles at me as she walks further into the bathroom. She's pressed up against the sink, being careful not to mess up any of the papers I've got laying around. "I'm going to go get Billie. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah," I sigh "I'm trying to figure out this melody." She nods, knowing that I just don't want to see Zach. It's not that he's a bad person, he just knew about my feelings for Florence and boasted that he got her first. Before they started dating, I liked Zach and we were good acquaintances. Things didn't turn sour between us until he realized that Florence reciprocated my feelings. That's the thing is I was never oblivious to her reciprocated feelings. I just didn't want to act on them because of Toby. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Flo steps over a pile of sheet music. She's standing right next to my keyboard. She looks at me sweetly and asks, "Can you play be something before I go?"

I can't help but nod my head. I set my fingers on the keys and start playing a melody for a song I just wrote. I didn't have any lyrics for this song yet, so I just hum along. Florence starts laughing when I sing random words. I end the song and stand up, my body pressing against Florence's body while pushing her back up against the sink. She smiles up at me which I immediately return. She brings her hands up to my shoulders, whispering, "Hi."

I place my right hand on her hip, my thumb brushing the skin that's exposed. We look at each other and her hands move to my hair. "You need a haircut."

I laugh at her, pulling our bodies impossibly closer together, "You think so?"

She nods as she lets go of my hair wrapping her arms around my neck. "I wish you'd come with me."

"I really have to continue writing. You know my label and producer want to hear new stuff."

Florence's eyes shift down to my lips, "Can I convince you to join me?"

"How would you do that?" My focus lands on her lips. I watch her wet her lips with her tongue. She doesn't say anything, instead she pulls my face closer  to hers before pressing her lips against mine. The kiss is soft and gentle at first, both of us getting use to the feeling of our lips moving together. Florence tilts her head to deepen the kiss, her palms pressing against my shoulder blades bringing me closer. I squeeze her hip and a soft moan escapes her lips. We pull out of the kiss, matching smiles on our faces.

"So, did I manage to convince you?" She bites her thumb looking up at me with a smile.

"I don't know, I think it might take more convincing."

Florence hums then says, "That can be arranged." Our lips meet in another kiss. This one is more rough than the last. Her tongue slides across my bottom lip asking for permission. I grant her permission but before her tongue can enter her phone starts ringing. I groan in annoyance causing Florence to laugh at me. She looks at her phone and sighs showing me the screen. I roll my eyes but she smiles saying, "At least it wasn't Toby."