Six

Florence's POV

"And then we almost kissed." I'm currently FaceTiming the one and only Scarlett Johansson because after all the tension from yesterday, I needed to tell someone. Scarlett is the closest person I have to a sister that won't tease me about my feelings. I know that Y/n and Scarlett are close, but Scarlett is good at keeping secrets. Probably from all those years of playing a spy. The blonde is staring at me with her head tilted. I'm sitting on my bed, my back leaning against the headboard. I watch as Scarlett shifts her phone into her other hand. Scarlett's eyes shift and now she is staring off at the wall behind me as she thinks about what to say.

"Sounds like you've gotten yourself into quite the situation there."

I roll my eyes in response, but I still smile at her. She wasn't going to offer any advice, which I was grateful for. Scarlett just listens and lets me be heard. That's something that her and Y/n have in common. I usually go to Y/n seeking advice, but I very well couldn't be talking to Y/n about herself. As I'm thinking about the girl, I hear the front door open and close signaling she's returned from her morning workout. I hear a soft knock on my door and I tell her to come in. To my surprise, she isn't dressed in her normal workout attire, but in neon pink board shorts that have dinosaurs on them and a white Beatles shirt. "Hey Flossie-"

"Oh my god, she calls you Flossie, that's so cute!" Scarlett says which scares Y/n because she didn't know I was on the phone with her. Y/n walks over to the other side of the bed and sits down. She scoots as close to me as possible so Scarlett can see the both of us and smiles.

"Hi Scarlie," I watch as Y/n smiles at the older blonde making her blush.

"Oh my god, she calls you Scarlie, that's so cute!" I mock her making the girl next to me laugh. Scarlett flips me off before turning her attention to Y/n.

"Why are you dressed like you stole a high school boy's outfit?" Now that she's pointed that out, she is dressed like a high school boy.

"I ran to the store really quick, doesn't matter what I wear." Scarlett and I look at each other and laugh. We both know the paparazzi photos will be hilarious. Y/n is notorious for forgetting she's famous, especially in public or meeting other celebrities. It's kind of cute to be honest. Y/n looks between the two of us then asks Scarlett, "Why are you calling Flo anyways?"

The girl slings her arm around my shoulder waiting for Scarlett's response. "She wanted to tell me about her love life."

Y/n looks at me out of the corner of her eye before raising her eyebrow at Scarlett, "What about her love life?"

"She's been talking about how lonely she's been since she left Zach. She especially misses Billie." I look at Scarlett like she's grown a second head. Y/n and Zach never exactly got along. In fact, this past Christmas Toby and I had to physically separate them before anyone could throw another punch. The two of them had actually gotten into a physical altercation leaving Y/n with a black eye and a busted lip. Scarlett knows about that so I don't know why she brought him up. Although she was right, I do miss Billie girl. Unfortunately, Y/n's landlord is weird about pets and if they weren't covered in that month's rent then they weren't allowed in the apartment. Fortunately, this month only has this upcoming week left and Y/n already talked to the landlord about having a dog. In other words, Billie would be here in a week. However, I can feel Y/n tense at the mention of the older man.

"She's lying," I say while I look at Y/n. Her jaw is clenched and she's avoiding eye contact with me. I'm looking up at her waiting for her to meet my gaze, but she doesn't. Instead I turn and look at Scarlett, "I'm not lonely, but I do miss Billie."

The silence that follows is deafening as no one says anything. I can still feel Y/n tense besides me. Scarlett moves her eyes between my face and Y/N's. She then says, "When do you get her?"