Thirteen

AN: Hey everyone, sorry I fell off the face of the earth. These last couple of months have been crazy busy. But I'm back now and I should (fingers crossed) be updating regularly. Enjoy!

Y/N's POV

It's been two days since I ran into Lizzie on my walk. We've spent the past two days talking nonstop. She'a been advising me on the music I've been writing. I haven't produced a melody that Lizzie hasn't heard. And in return, she's been showing me her garden. Listening to her speak with such passion about her garden makes me adore the woman more.

Yet in all of this, I can't get the blonde girl who is sleeping a few feet away off my mind. I miss everything about her. Being in her presence is addictive and I'm suffering withdrawals. Florence has gone to great lengths to avoid me. Every time I enter the kitchen and she's there, she'll leave. Even if she's in the middle of cooking something. All of the music I've been working on has been made in my cramped bathroom. I haven't dared to ask if I could actually record something. Needless to say, Florence has been sending me a very clear message. However, that still doesn't take my mind off of her. In fact, I've written about a dozen songs just because she won't speak to me. I feel like the floor has been swept out from under my feet.

During all of this, I haven't heard much from Toby. That within itself is enough to drive me insane. Florence won't talk to me and my best friend fell off the face of the earth. The worst part is I can't ask Florence about Toby. There's also no way I'd ever mention Florence to Toby. So I've been stuck sitting with all of this swirling around my head.

The only thing that's brought me out of this mess is Lizzie and our growing friendship. As mentioned with the amount of time we've spent talking, she's been grounding factor. Which leads me to the present: sitting in a park drinking coffee with Lizzie.

We're sitting on a bench with as much space as we can put between us. Which isn't much considering it seats three people. Our conversation covers anything and everything. There's nothing that's really off limits when we're talking.

"How's the roommate situation going?" Lizzie asks me after a moment of silence. I swallow my coffee before turning to pensively look at her. One of her arms is resting on the back of the bench, her body is facing mine. She leans her head on her hand waiting patiently for a response. She smiles up at me, signaling I don't need to answer if I don't want to.

"It's uhhh, it's going." I know that's not the answer she was looking for. To be honest I don't even know what the right answer is. I can't tell her that Florence and I haven't spoken in a few days. However, I can't hide my somber mood from her.

"You can talk to me, you know that right?" I give her a nod. "I mean it Y/n, I care about you. Anything I can do to help, I'm here."

"I appreciate that, Lizzie." She smiles as she gives my hand closest to hers a squeeze. We go back to talking about gardening and I don't even notice her hand staying on top of mine.

The first thing I do when I get back to my apartment is text Scarlett. We've been texting all week trying to find a time to call each other. Even with the pandemic we both are relatively busy. Unsurprisingly, she's probably busy because she reads my text but doesn't respond. At least that's what I think until my phone starts ringing.

"Hey Scarlett," I greet the older woman as her face appears on my phone. A massive smile breaks out on her face when she finally sees me. "Hi Y/n, how are you?"

"Honestly," I laugh as Scarlett looks at me with both her eyebrows raised, "I'm doing alright. How about yourself? How's Rose?"

"I'm great and so is Rose. It's been relaxing just being able to be home with her." I nod knowing how tiring Scar's work load can get. I'm just glad she's been able to spend time with her daughter. "Let's circle back to you doing alright."