Chapter 1

(5 months before Aang awakes)

I heard mumbles that I couldn't make out and all the blue of the spirit world faded away. I finally awoke in the real world. I opened my eyes and tried getting up but feel due to stiff joints. I tried getting up again while using my staff this time. I don't know how put I found myself knowing how to get out of the tunnels.

I walked to the sky bison stables thinking I would see Appa or the other bisons. But then I remembered the fight with Aang, how he didn't return for 5 years, and then the Firenation attack. I sighed and walked a little down the mountain to a cave and called out "Sina, you here?" I heard a yawn, a flap of wings, and then footsteps.

Sina, my Avatar dragon, is deep plum color
with a light blue hue. Her wings are a mix of the two colors and she can change colors and sizes; but she can also bend all elements like me and my brother.

I saw her and yelled "SINA!" She ran over to me and turned small. She climbed up my arm and snuggled her head into my neck. I giggled and rubbed her head. She lightly growled at the affection. "Come on girl. We have to go to the Northern Water tribe." I said. She nodded and hopped of my shoulder and turned big. I ran in the cave and came out with her saddle and reins. I put them on her and hopped on. "Tip Tip!" I yelled and she took off. We were on our way to the Northern Water tribe.