One

William opened his eyes to a warm white light, he didnt know where he was, the last few hours a blur in his mind. A white clothed figure stood in front of him

"Mr. Afton?" The figure asked helping him up.

"Uh- yeah? Where am I?" He asked looking around. It was completely barren but strangely didn't feel empty.

"You died. This is what lies afterward, however you died an unjust death. This qualifies for reincarnation in around 8 years. You have committed various crimes that cannot go unoticed, the worst of which however were result of insanity or rather an unresting spirit messing with your mind. This means that only the pain you put your children through counts. Thus resulting in 8 years confined to hell. If you do better your second chance you may get a chance to go to the better place. Heaven you could call it." The figure must have given this same speech thousands of times not even stuttering. "The same as all newly dead you have the privilege of attending your funeral. We will inform you when it is time to go."

"Wait-! I'm dead? What?!" William looked around but the humanoid shape was no where to be seen. The memories started to flow back into his mind. Something odd had come over him, he had no control over his body. The most frightening of these memories is that of him forcing a knife through the chest of a man who he'd loved. He watched on in horror as whatever was controlling his body continued to abuse the poor ginger man until he was cover in red on the ground. He shouted at someone to go and run, was it Micheal? Then there was a loud bang and then nothing. A gunshot perhaps?

Time went by fast enough before a different figure appeared this time a glowing mess of black. It took him to the place where he'd live his worst nightmares as punishment.

*****

William stood staring at his own coffin being lowered into the grave. Henry was in front of him, tears falling from his eyes like waterfalls. Micheal stood beside him, face buried in the other, occasionally looking up to see the grim sight before him. William couldn't help but feel sick to his stomach when he saw the bandages around Henry's neck and through the thin fabric of his shirt the ones around his torso. He had put him through that... Wasn't there some way he could have stopped the thing that stole his body to hurt? Micheal was only 16 what was he going to do? Where would he go? Did he even know himself where he could go? Thoughts sprung left and right as he watched Henry move his arm from around Micheal to give a speech.

"William James Afton, a talented guy I must say. He was my best friend through college until his moment of death and while I do not have an explanation to why he did what he did I can say with full confidence that he did not mean any harm conciously. William was a good man though a lot of his actions didn't show it. Losing 2 children and a wife can do a lot to a person, drive them insane you could say. I tried my best to help him pull through. It wasn't enough and I-" his sobbing though continued through the entire speech got worse. William's heart shattered. He attepted to run to comfort the other but when he came into contact his hand went through. He couldn't touch anyone... Not any objects either. Would he even be able to find Henry and Micheal if the promise of reincarnation was true. "I wish I could have stopped this-!" Henry started to walk back to Micheal wiping his eyes going to take the teen's frail body in his arms.

William stared blankly at the rest of the scene in front of him. He thought of his regrets, the highest of which being not treating Micheal right and never telling Henry how much he meant to him. This was all his fault and he knew it...

*****

Henry shivered in the cold autumn wind holding Micheal tighter to his chest. A horrible thought crossed into his mind, where was Micheal going to go? He obviously couldn't work yet on top of school and that meant no money to survive on. Henry knew what he had to do and being honest he didn't really mind doing it! In fact it may be quite nice.

"Micheal do you have anywhere to stay now?" Henry asked petting the small teen's hair.

"N-No I was just going to see what happened... Probably will leave school to get a job." Micheal said sadly, leaving school meant he couldn't get a better job later.

"How about you move in with me? I can take care of you love." Henry said looking down at Micheal still resting against him. He looked exhausted.

"I- you would do that? Would I not be a burden?" Micheal asked wiping tears out of his eyes.

"Of course I will. And you could never be a burden, I love you so much and eventually all of this will stop hurting." Henry said trying to comfort him and maybe even reassure himself.

"...why did he do that..?" Micheal asked, voice shaking and stuttering.

"I don't know but part of me believes that under all of the mess he was is still the person he used to be, deep down. I can't just believe that he wanted to hurt us. There had to have been something wrong." Henry sighed. He hoped Mike wouldn't need therapy. And if he did he could only hope it would work.

The healing process would be difficult but they could get through it, right?