Five

Mary's Point of View
I held onto Francis as tight as I could. I've never had anything happen to me like that. Since I was announced as heir to the English throne there have been attempts, but they were all figured out before they even got anywhere close to me. A man was only a door away from stabbing me. We rode to a town. I did my best to cover up my jewelry and dress with my cloak. Francis stopped at an inn and got off the horse. "Come on I can help you off." He said "Okay." I nodded, I let him help me off. I could have gotten off myself but I like how he protects me. He put his hands on my hips and lifted me down. "Do you have the gold?" He whispered, I nodded and handed it to him. "Come on." He said, he put his hand on my lower back. He led me inside. "Where can I find the inn keeper?" Francis asked "Right here, what can I do for you?" He asked "Can I get your best room for the night? And dinner for two." Francis said "That'll be 50 duckets" He said, Francis handed him the money. "Can you get my horse to stables for the night?" Francis asked "That'll be 10 more duckets." He said, Francis seemed annoyed. "Fine." He gave him 10 more. "Let me spend the night with this pretty lass and it'll only be 25 duckets." He said "No, keep the money. She's not looking for that type of work." Francis said "That's a shame, the room is up the stairs last door on your left." He said, he handed Francis a key. We went up the stairs and Francis unlocked the door. There was a bed with a canopy over it, with nightstands and a dresser. There was also a fireplace. "Its just for tonight, we need to rest before we travel tonight." He said "It's okay really." I said sitting down on the bed. "Are you okay?" He came and say next to me. "I don't know. I've never had anything like that happen to me." I said "I know it's really scary, someone tried to kill me when I was 10. I remember crying so hard my sheets were wet in the morning. My Father yelled at me and said I couldn't show fear like that." He said "Francis that's awful, I'm so sorry." I moved my hand on top of his. "Eh it's just how stuff was, my Father has always been hard on me." He said "You know you didn't have to do that earlier, I heard the man tell you that you could live if you let them get to me." I said "Mary stop, I would never let anything bad happen to you." He held my other hand. I've never wanted to kiss him more. Is this bad? I already started warming up to him since we talked the whole carriage ride. So it's not just because he saved me. I'm sure as soon as we get home he will have girls coming in and out of his room, I have to remember that. There was a knock at the door. Francis dropped my hands and opened up the door. He picked up two trays of food then closed the door. I saw a pile of slop in a bowl with bread on the side. No way am I eating that. "At least the bread looks.. edible." Francis smiled, I laughed. We finished eating dinner. I went over to the corner and began trying to untie my dress. I can't get myself. "Do you need help?" He asked coming over to me "Uh yes please." I said still facing the wall. I felt his tall presence over me. He smells so good. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. "There you go." He said, I pulled down my dress revealing a very thin white underdress. I turned around to see Francis shirtless, again. "You just love to have your shirt off, don't you?" I laughed "Not as much as I love seeing you in that tight little dress." He laughed "Shut up." I hit his shoulder "Hey hey I'm kidding!" Francis said "Hmm well don't kid like that again." I said going over and getting in bed. Francis went over and put wood in the fire. He came over and got in the other side of the bed. "You know he was giving me a really good deal, all you had to do was put out." He laughed "That was disgusting! I had no idea what to say!" I laughed "You didn't have to worry, I was going to take care of you." He said "I know." I smiled "Goodnight Mary." He smiled "Goodnight Francis." I smiled and closed my eyes. I lied before, there was no way I was going to be able to resist liking him.