Chapter 5

"Excuse me, what?!" Mia asked as we were in the park with Hope.

"C'mon You've got to be kidding me, right?" Hope asked.

"Ok So maybe, I'm having second thoughts but it's not... overtaking accepting" I replied.

"Good, cause if it did, I'd murder Katerina myself so you didn't think that" Mia said.

"Since when was it a crime to want your parents to be married for a moment?" I asked

"I Mean... After what Katrina did..." Hope started.

"For a Moment!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah. Ok" Mia said soothing my back.

"Let's go back. I have some plans with the birthday girl" I said.

"But She's, my mom!" Hope whined.

"Soon to be mine" I joked with a wink.

"I Guess... But she's Still My Mom" she said. I was long gone but could still hear her.

"Of Course! Obviously! It's not like I'm gonna steal your mom!" I hollered.

"Yeah, we're sharing a mom" Hope said.

"Ok That sounded weird" I said turning back and walking backwards.

"True" She said. I chucked as I walked away from the park.

It was around afternoon, and my family had still not faced Hayley, absolutely afraid of their Elder Brother, Brother–in-law, Uncle, and boss. I went back to Uncle Nik's floor.

"C'mon you guys are doing too much!" I exclaimed walking into the door, to find an extra person in the room. Dad, doing one thing I never pictured him to do. Practicing Kneeling in front of Aunt Freya. I laughed, "Uhm Hey Dad"

"Uhm... Hi darling" Dad said. I laughed even more, plopping into the couch next to Uncle Nik.

"Did He do this twenty years ago?" I asked whispering to Uncle Nik.

"Twenty Years ago, Twenty-Five years ago. Yep" Uncle Nik Replied as Dad glared at him, getting up.

"Hang On! Twenty-Five?!" I asked.

"Oh Yeah, He had another girlfriend who rejected him" Uncle Kol replied walking out of the kitchen.

"Oooohh. C'mon Dad! Why didn't you tell meeee? Who? Who? Who?! Tell Meeeee. Uncle Nik, c'mon" I whined.

"Her name was Celeste Dubois, none of us were a huge fan of her. Not Elijah's best choice, and as we expected when he proposed to her, she rejected" Uncle Nik said. I laughed standing up to get water.

"Sounds like a gold digger to me" I said shrugging.

"Right, you are" Uncle Kol said and we high-fived. Dad looked super messed up right now.

"Alright, Alright sorry to bring up your ex on the day you're going to propose to your girlfriend" I said hugging him.

"Yes, Thank You" He exclaimed.

"Ok Seriously Though, are you guys really not going to talk to Hayley?" I asked.

"No!" All of them shouted in unison.

"Damn Seriously?" I muttered.

"Seriously" Marcel said.

"God..." Dad and I muttered in unison.

"Well, you guys don't get to God us that cause we know you both will literally, actually kill us if we say something to Hayley" Aunt Bex said. Both of us rolled our eyes.