Chapter 8

I glared at Mikael with my eyes narrowed as I pointed a FN Five Seven at him and he pointed a Rapido at me. For Some reason, I wasn't nervous, even with Dad, Uncle Nik, Uncle Kol, Uncle Finn, Aunt Freya, Aunt Bex, Esther and Mia watching. Dad was more nervous than me. It was very evident. But I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Shoot this monster? Gladly. I swerved to the left in a nanosecond as he pulled the trigger. I got furious that he actually pulled the trigger. I bent my finger and pulled the trigger, which he dodged, but amusement was visible. I had never trained liked this before, it was tiring, but he called it off shortly. Dad was very surprised.

"I'll admit, I'm surprised" Dad said as I sat on the basement bench drinking water. I laughed.

"Thanks to you dad" I said, followed by a yawn. I stood up but stumbled. Dad caught me and held me bridal style.

"I've got you sweetheart. You need as much rest you can get" Dad said walking up the steps. I fell on his shoulder and almost immediately when to sleep. I woke up at around 12 in the afternoon in Dad's bed. I stretched and ruffled my blo- hold on a second, I stared at the mirror to find my hair in my natural, father-inherited coffee brown instead of the dyed platinum blonde. Was It that easy to get rid of dyed hair? I didn't know. I just shrugged it off but I didn't know what everyone was going to think, none of them had seen me with brown hair before, not even Mia. I shrugged and walked downstairs. Everyone as expected looked awestruck to see me.

"You look exactly like a female version of Uncle Elijah right now" Nik said. I laughed.

"I'm his daughter for your reminder Nik" I said tilting my head in Dad's direction.

"You had Blonde hair what... 6 hours ago?" Hayley asked.

"Dunno. Hair dye wore off" I replied taking the sandwich of Nik's plate. Everybody shrugged.

"Seriously?" Nik glared at me.

"I'm hungry!" I exclaimed; my mouth full of bread.

"Here you go" Aunt Bex said handing me my own plate of sandwiches.

"Thanks Aunt Bex" I said taking it from her and returning Nik his one-mouth taken sandwich.

"Ok You should seriously change; you smell of sweat. It's disgusting Liz" Mia said.

"I would've changed before going back to sleep buuut-" I started.

"-She passed out" Dad ended for me.

"Yeah"

"Wait you passed out? Like Fainted??"" Hope asked. I shook my head no.

"No. Passed out meaning immediately fell asleep" I said. They shrugged. Honestly six hours of sleep wasn't enough, I was still sleepy. But I pulled myself together cause today was Thursday. The boring, business meeting dad was dragging me to.

"Eliza, get ready soon after you're done eating, please" Dad said before going up the stairs.

"Sure Dad, Sure" I Groaned.

"For what?" Mia asked.

"Oh, Uhm Business meeting" I replied rolling my eyes. She tried so hard to stifle a laugh but couldn't. I glared at her.

"Ok, Ok Sorry. I feel super bad you have to go" she said.

"Why can't Hope or Nik go" I whined.

"You're Elijah's daughter. Not Hope or Nik. Elijah's the one who took up Business" Uncle Nik replied. I groaned, shoving the last bit of bread into my mouth and went to my room. I'd gone shopping a few days before with Mia for the trip and I had to get a formal dress for the meeting, so I chose a jean, and blazer with a white t-shirt that showed a little cleavage. So, I slipped myself into those.