(7) Splish Splash

(7) Splish Splash

"I didn't know your house had a pool," you remarked, looking down at the blue water. It was twenty feet deep, maybe more.

"Yeah. New addition." Camilo said, stretching with a yellow towel draped over his shoulder.

Don't freak out, (y/n). There's no reason they'd know you're scared of deep water.

"Well, let's jump in!" you announced with fake excitement to the group. You had dressed in your cutest bathing suit for this. You expected to lounge around on a beach chair, accompanying Camilo while he swims, but they all expected you to get in?

You shared a few nervous glances with Mirabel and Isabella before Dolores spoke up. "...guys, there's something in the water. I can hear it... breathing."

You looked down to see a little blue guppy. "Oh! That's just my friend." Antonio scooped up the little fish with his bare hands and set him in a water glass resting on a table.

"That was my water!" Isabella shouted. She made a vine sprout just next to Antonio's feet. It scooped him up and threw him into the water. It took a few seconds for him to resurface, but he did so giggling like a mad man. Camilo soon after cannonballed into the deep blue water. When he came back up for air, he started tickling Antonio. What a good brother he must be.

"C'mon, slowpokes!" Camilo hopped out of the pool, grabbing you in his wet arms and throwing you into the pool. Suddenly, you didn't feel scared anymore.

"Whew! I am tiiired!" Camilo said, toweling himself off. You were the last ones to stay at the pool, and it was almost dark. He noticed you staring at him and ran over to you. He squeezed you tight and started tickling you. You laughed, letting him know that you were having a good time, then backed up.

"Hey, Camilo, you seem... extra flirty, recently. Is there a reason for that?" you pondered.

"Well, if it makes you uncomfortable, I'll stop- I'm so sorry, (y/n)-"

"Hey, don't worry about it!" you cut him off. "You're a great friend, Camilo, I just don't want you to get the wrong idea." you proceeded, palms sweaty.

"Wow, (y/n). I don't really know how to say this, but I am into you. I told you this the other day, but we got cut short. You are amazing, gorgeous, and so sweet. I do know this, though; the family would love for you to be my significant other. So, if you agree, it'd be like a test. To see if we're really compatible with each other. And maybe when we are eventually ready, we can be together." he explained.

"Well," you sighed. "It would be pretty fun, being your 'fake partner'. What have I got to lose?"

"I knew you'd do it. But you do realize that we'd have to like... kiss and stuff, right?" Camilo realized.

"Please, even if you aren't a great kisser, you can't be the worst I've had to go through."

"Wanna make a bet?" Camilo smirked. Signature Camilo.

Suddenly, you had a realization. Dolores knows. And she cannot keep a secret to save her life.

You prayed to the lords above that Camilo knew the basic sign language alphabet. You silently signed out the letters. D-O-L-O-R-E-S.

His mouth became a cave of fear. She knew. That means that they'd all know. What now?

A/N: Sorry not sorry. Love you guys <3 I don't have time to post chapter 8 but just know it is ready! Also I've been looking at my statistics and they're a little bit... concerning so I just want to remind you that Camilo is a MINOR. Thanks for reading!<3