My Room

** TW: The following chapter contains graphic descriptions of sexual coercion and lack of established consent. DO NOT READ if you are not prepared to encounter such content. **

Before I even opened my eyes, I knew he was in my bed - that he'd taken me back to my room and slipped into the place beside me. He'd drawn the curtain so the room was almost completely dark. And as I stirred from my sleep, I realised my face still stung from earlier. Irritated to the extreme, I flipped over on my side to face him, "What?"

Silence. The mattress groaned beneath me as I shifted and scooted up towards the headboard.

I couldn't see him, so complete was the darkness in my room, but I could feel his presence, lurking. A predator in wait.

Exasperated and unwilling to play into his games, I reached over to smack him, "WHAT?"

His hand caught mine before it even made contact with his body, and he grasped my wrist tightly.

"Ow! Stop that! Let me go!"

He leaned forward, his hand secure around my wrist, "You need to remember who you're dealing with."

I rolled my eyes, though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Get out of my room, Tom. Immediately."

There. I'd said it. Habit getting to me. Not the room: my room. I hated myself for that.

"No."

Of course not. I already knew he'd refuse.

"I don't want you here."

"And I don't care what you want. I'm here because I didn't like the way we left things. You'll fall in line for me, and you'll do it right now."

Fall in line? Never. Let him do his worst, I won't cave.

"The hell I will!" I shook my arm to try to release his hold on me, but to no avail. He was stronger than one might think. Instead of being able to get away, the opposite happened. He tugged me roughly and pulled me towards him.

"Tom –"

What followed happened very quickly. He climbed on top of me and grabbed both my hands, pinning me beneath him. I wanted to scream, but couldn't bring myself to allow him the satisfaction of knowing he'd gotten under my skin. So I just lay there, trying desperately to calm my breathing.

"Tell me," he whispered threateningly, "That you'll obey me."

"You know I won't."

"Then you're even dumber than I thought possible."

I sighed at this, shaking my head from side to side, "Tom, kindly fuck off?"

He paused, and now that my eyes had had a chance to adjust to the darkness, I could make out his face hovering above mine. He was frowning, one eyebrow raised, in an expression that seemed like a combination of frustration and disbelief. Suddenly, he smiled and leaned even closer, his face just centimetres away from mine.

"I forgot to mention something..."

A fresh wave of apprehension rippled through me, but I pushed it to the side.

"What?" I snipped impatiently.

"Remember that pure-blood witch from the other day?"

Ugh. Yes. The one with the curvy body and annoyingly beautiful face? Callista, he'd called her.

I scrunched up my face in concentration, "Hmm..."

He snarled, his hold on my hands tightening, "Don't pretend you don't know exactly who I'm referring to."