Chapter XV 🎪Dealing Out The Cards

Back in the 'Staff Only' area, I could feel that Madison wanted to flee.

  This was too much to bear for her and disliked putting her in the middle of something like this, but there was only one way out of this.

Seeing as she couldn't and didn't want to go back to Alphie and Eia, she knew The Carnival Of Glass was in fact the one and only way out. -Her fear though, kept her stuck between two very different worlds: One of reality and limits with fear, and the other of a different type of world with dreams, endless limits, passion, and only a hint of fear.

-Which one was worth it though... Madison couldn't make up her spinning mind to really decide for sure.

"I know you're scared. It's okay, I promise you're safe with me."

I told her.

She had to be certain of one thing though–

Madison spoke:

"So, Kate and Dusty, they're gone too?"

"Yes. I stopped them."

I clarified her question rather quickly.

"Where are they?"

She asked me.

"They're in the same place as two others and the same place where Alphie and Eia are headed."

I had pulled L & D into this, but all four of them had something in common: I took them.

I didn't harm them though.

"I don't know. It's all too–"

She started but I finished her sentence.

"Scary? Confusing? Vague? Wild?" All of the above?

I thought she might have been thinking of all the outcomes... Of possibly being hurt again -That card was not on the table, it wasn't even in the deck because like time, it didn't exist. I didn't have anything but love, care, support, and empathy up my sleeve.

"Yeah."

  Rainey -BRUUUH! Madison looked at me either creeped out or bewildered at the fact that I had just read her mind and finished her sentence.

-It was probably a blend of both.

"I may be a creepy ringleader who is thought about as being an evil man, but I won't hurt you R-Madison. I would never ever think about hurting you."

"Seems like people don't understand that."

"People fear what they do not understand."

I said pointing a finger back and forth at myself and Rainey.

"Yeah. They don't understand us, that's a fact."

Said Rainey. Bruuuhhhh -Madison with a forced grin.

"Even nightmares -so called like me should have somebody to understand them, but you aren't a stranger to that. You understand me, M-Rainey, and I understand you too."

There was a sprinkle of fear in my voice -That's something very rare.

"I guess that makes you better than lots of people... People like Alphie and Eia are evil. -And that's terrifying!"

She said with a peculiar expression on her face that said she wished it wasn't true.

"And Kate and Dusty too." I shuttered. "It is very terrifying."

I clasped my left hand onto my opposite wrist holding it behind my back as Rainey ran her tingling and anxious fingers through her hair.

"I– 'll come with you. Um... Thanks? Should I thank you?"