Chapter XXIV 🎪The Carnival's Legacy (Epilogue)

We came back up from the area housing the animals.

Madison brought Pippa three carrots and a hard peppermint candy as well as two peppermints, two carrots, and an apple for later.
Madison smiled getting up as she threw her arms around me in a hug.

It seemed like a lot of time has passed, I feel like I'm two-hundred years old... But I'm only one-hundred and three.

Madison is fifteen years old now.

She grew up fast, but then again, those rats... dare I call them bastards -I could, I should! Those bastards Alphie and Eia did steal all that time we could have had together; Madison and I... As a family! –But those rats--Bruuhhhh! B—. -Are long gone now. -Thank Satan!!

Besides, we will both live forever- without any wrinkle!

As Madison and I broke from our hug, I reached up to loosen the knot securing my tie to my neck. I slipped it over my head shaking out my hair as the material cleared my curls.

Holding the tie lengthwise in my hands out to Madison, I spoke to her:

"It might look a little bit big--"

I said sliding the necktie over her head, slipping her hair out from underneath it.

"But it looks just right on you."

I finished.

I snugged the knot up to close the collar of Madison's shirt before lifting my hat from the table where it sat. The open hollow side up.

I plucked out the coin from the bottom before placing the top hat on Madison's head where the brim fell just below her eyes.

Madison pushed the hat up so she could see.

"My father, your grandfather, left this coin before he died. It's been with me ever since then, and through all the years that this Carnival has passed in and out of every town. It's a part of the Cochran family... and Madison, you're a Cochran -You always have been, and always will be."

I smiled.

I paused to take notice of my daughter's expression.

Her eyes were fixed on my own, and there was a very different feel within her gaze -One that had been entirely absent before... She felt trust, that she could trust me. Pure and complete trust this time.

"So now, Madison. The passing of the touch, I guess we could say. Madison Cochran, you are my purpose. Madison, my child, my lovely daughter, my life, my everything, my family. Madison, my dream. With pride, strength, love, and passion I pass this golden coin here, onto you for your keeping. May it remind you that we're family, that I'm never far. Here, it gives you power to all your dreams. For anything you could want, anything you could possibly feel, need or do... Madison, Welcome to The Carnival Of Ink. You're the ringleader... Madison, welcome to the show!"

With that, Madison and I both looked at the coin as it caught the light. I smiled before placing the metal coin into her left palm.

We hugged, and it started.

"It is time for the main event! Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce to you... The Masters Of Ceremonies, Emperors Of The Night, Rulers Of The Carnival, and Friends To No Man... Mister TopHat and his guest!"

Said Bartholomew as I came out.

"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, cats and dogs, fast zombies, slow zombies. Creatures of the night, enemies of the day, lovers of everything good and haters of everything good and decent. I would like to introduce to you, the real Ruler Of The Show, The Queen Of The Dark, Friend To No Man and The Leader Of The Carnival...Miss. Crimson!"