03. whipped

I know you ain't a drug, but you get me so high

- so high, doja cat -

❀ ー

it was monday, aka the worst day of the week. today's the weekly assembly as well where you used to just skip it every time since all they do is remind the students to behave themselves, discipline stuff, weekly reports of the school's event, and whatsoever things you're not interested in. however, today was different. you decided to stay for the assembly which caused your best friend to be shocked at your sudden behavior.

"oh my god. y/n, is this even you? oh my god. you're finally growing up? oh. em. gee. this is big news! you're actually staying for the assembly! oh my god, oh my god! i'm posting this on my story."

"god, shut the fuck up, arataki."

"and... posted! haha! if you're staying, then i am too."

arataki itto - the most reliable ally one could ever ask for. he has a long white hair, a masculine facial features and a muscular body type which made the girls drool, even guys. the young man is taller than any other students and teachers in the school which also made him the captain of the school's basketball team.

despite his idiotic behaviors, he's passionate about sports and the teachers rely on him a lot when it comes to tournaments. let's just say he's an expert in almost every sports this school has to offer. just name it. baseball, done that. soccer, even broke his leg that one time. swimming, almost drowned once but trained so hard that he even made a new record for the school, and the list goes on. he's truly amazing, if you didn't look at his report card, of course.

"oh yeah, what or who made you stay though?" itto asked as if he knew something was up while taking out a black nail polish before applying it on his nails, more like fixing them. it's his routine every monday.

"actually, i don't know." you just shrugged as itto looked at you dramatically while gasping.

in truth - no, actually there's no truth. you weren't lying there. you yourself didn't know what made you stay. maybe your head was too full with the 'deal' that you made with the vice president the other day.

"do your best."

her words echoed inside your head which made you instantly reminded of the interaction you had with her that day and a blush quickly appeared on your cheeks. itto on your side was a little panicking seeing you all red as he asked if you're okay.

"i'm okay, calm down." you replied and shook your head. itto was relieved and continue to fix his nails. won't the teacher notice? no. there were too many students in the hall right now hence the teachers didn't bother to do any check ups. even the discipline teacher looked sleepy, you thought as you looked at a middle-aged man who was trying his best to stay awake by walking around the hall.

he must had a rough night. damn, those eyebags.

a few minutes have passed and just like you thought - there were nothing interesting that caught your attention but it's already too late to ditch the assembly now. you looked at itto who's peacefully sleeping besides you and let out a sigh.

this is so boring...

not until you saw a familiar pink-haired beauty sitting at the front, your sleepy eyes suddenly became fresh as you observed her from afar. you analyzed her face expression and noticed that she was looking somehow bored. you averted your gaze up to the stage and saw the headmaster was speaking. makes sense, you thought while giggling to yourself.

the rest of the assembly went by as you were busy admiring the beauty of the vice president, laughing to yourself when she almost fell asleep but got elbowed by ei which made her pouted.

"hmm, i see the case now."

a deep voice entered your ears, causing you to jump a little and looked to your side. itto also had his eyes on your direction earlier, looking at the vice president to be precise.

"you scared me, itto."

"i mean, you've been staring at her for the past 10 minutes. that's some scary stuff if you ask me." itto replied and earned a little smack from you. he only laughed while rubbing his arm.

"so you were serious when you told me you like the vice president. damn, i thought you were just teasing her all these times. never thought you would actually develop feelings, though. oh, i'm not complaining! you have my full support, buddy. i'll do anything to help." itto said as he patted your shoulder, causing you to smile to yourself.

"thank you, but i have decided to do it myself this time."

"wow. you're that dedicated, huh?"

you replied with a single nod while making a proud looking face which made itto scoffed. you gasped dramatically, feeling somewhat offended by his response.

"mr arataki, you didn't just scoffed at me right there."

"oh my god. honey, i don't want to break it to you but i'm afraid that 'dedicated' isn't the suitable word for this situation."

you tilted your head in confusion. itto gestured you to come closer to him which you did and he whispered something in your ear.

"it's not dedicated. it's whipped, honey. you're fucking whipped for her."

- and with that, itto earned another smack on his head. you?? whipped for yae miko????

well, she's indeed beautiful and has a sweet personality...

"ugh, stop denying it as if you didn't tell me you confessed to her that day. anyway, the assembly has ended so i'll go first. i can't handle math in the morning so see ya, y/n. oh, and good luck!"

you snapped out of your thoughts. noticing that almost everyone has left the hall, you decided to get up but stopped as someone was standing right in front of you. a familiar tall figure was staring at you with a little smirk, making you gulped as you raised your head to face her.

"y-yae?"

"well, i didn't expect you to become a good one in just a short time. not that i'm complaining. rather than that - i'm actually happy seeing you here..."

"so keep up the good behavior. maybe you will win the challenge sooner than expected~"