〘 🍱 〙 lunch date

( surpriseee now you better thank me properly or im filing a lawsuit /j )

ー ❀ ー

"guys, the test results just came out!" childe, who was panting for breath yelled, causing everyone in the classroom to move their attention to him.

all of them stayed silent, processing what he just said. after a while, the whole class came back into reality as they bursted into a loud chatter simultaneously, telling each other how nervous they were. you could only looked at them with worry and didn't say anything.

you knew they didn't really care about studying, but after seeing their determination during the exam period, you came to realize that they also wanted to do the best for themselves thus you worked hard to be the best teacher. they even came to every lessons you conducted and you admitted that they have improved a lot. moreover, if they failed, they need to repeat a year which of course, no one would want it.

as you were busy thinking, itto tapped your table and sat next to you. you shifted your body to face him and you noticed that he had the same nervous expression as the others, which was a rare case for him since he's usually a carefree person.

"(y/n), on behalf of the whole class, could you... come with us to check the results together?"

you looked at him wide-eyed and noticed that your classmates were all staring at you with hope. you nodded and stood up, motioning them to come and they happily followed as they walked behind you. after a short walk, it was finally a few steps away from the bulletin board. suddenly, the nerves hit you. you gulped as the other students instantly averted their gaze towards your friends while whispering to themselves.

"(y/n)!!!" yoimiya ran as she called out your name, waving her hand with a gleeful expression on her face. you grinned and waved back as a reply.

"congratulations, hehe!"

you tilted your head as the confusion stirred your mind and was about to ask but no words came out from your mouth. before you could even reply, yoimiya had already went to itto and congratulated him as well as your other friends.

does that mean that they... passed???

you watched them rushing over to the bulletin board as you still weren't moving from your place. inside, you were praying silently that what you thought was true.

"DUDE, I PASSED!"

itto's scream startled you from your thoughts but later, you heard another loud cheering coming from your friends. you smiled to yourself, knowing everyone passed the exam which made you sighed in relief.

everyone came back running to you with a wide grin on their faces. they gave you a big group hug while throwing endless thanks to you.

"it's the payment for your hard works, everyone. congrats!" you congratulated them.

"as promised, if i passed this test, i'll treat everyone an ice cream! come on, let's go!" childe said.

you laughed as he playfully threw his wallet in the air and caught by kaeya. kaeya later ran away with a mischievous grin while yelling 'free food' as everyone followed him, leaving childe behind.

"hey, hey, hey! my wallet!"

you shook your head before walking slowly towards the bulletin board. you didn't really care about the results since you knew that you'd pass anyway ( the confidence hmmm ). there were four papers that consisted of every student's name. you analyzed through the name list from the fourth page to the third and to the second but still couldn't find yours.